The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

I think 2-3k depending on what make of boiler you would like.

But if you want any advice go for the Ideal logic plus, no matter

how much anyone goes on about the worcester boilers

cheers jon.

I am looking at buying a house which currently has a conventional boiler with a hot water tank. I am considering installing a combi boiler and keeping the existing radiators to reduce the cost.

Can anyone give me an idea as to the cost of this? It would affect the offer I will be making on this house, so only a rough guide price is needed.

It is a 3 bed semi.

Yes indeed! Allow for £2000 +\- £200. Obviously the price is influenced by which boiler you go for, and any additional works that may be required to bring the system upto the current regs.

If you do get the house, we would be more than happy to give you a free, no obligation quote.

We also offer a range of finance options including buy now pay later, and with prices starting from £1499, or £12.99/month with a 10 year warranty.

Good luck with the house. Steve Peacock

It seems the consensus on here is the Ideal Logic boilers with 7 year warranty are the best at the moment.

Do plumbers recommend this so that Ideal deal with any issues directly with the customer and once it's fitted it's out of their hands, is that how it works? And if so what's their backup like in the event of a problem?

It seems the consensus on here is the Ideal Logic boilers with 7 year warranty are the best at the moment.

Do plumbers recommend this so that Ideal deal with any issues directly with the customer and once it's fitted it's out of their hands, is that how it works? And if so what's their backup like in the event of a problem?

The Ideal logic is a good boiler. I fitted one of the first when they were launched a couple of years ago (while everyone else was saying "Oooo I wouldnt fit an Ideal! They have lots of faults! Look at the ISAR!!!), and we have so far, not had any major technical issues with any of the ones we have fitted (and we've fitted lots).

That said, we are now able to offer Vaillants with a 10 year warranty for the same money as you would pay for an Ideal logic, so we prefer to fit them. They have been around for longer and are a premium boiler. Unless Ideal can work miracles with the price of the unit, we'll be recommending Vaillant.

The installer should not simply 'wash their hands of responsibilty' due to a boiler being under warranty. If you have issues then your first point of contact should be your installer....if you call the manufacturer out and the problem is not actually with the boiler (may be due to poor installation, pressure needs topping, external controls etc etc) then they are within their rights to charge for the call-out. I highly recommend the Ideal and offer free, unlimited call-outs whilst the boiler is under warranty (subject to annual service as recommended by manufacturer), so customers should have total peace of mind for 7yrs with any Ideal I install

We agree with corgigasman on this issue we fit Ideal Logics most weeks

and they are great boilers which we favour over all boiler manufacturers

no matter what the prices are.

We would also provide a free call back for any problems with a new

installation/boiler, but very rare with our Ideal Logic installations

cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

does anyone know the average price of a new combi boiler (fitted) and can anyone recommend any companies? Thanks in advance

does anyone know the average price of a new combi boiler (fitted) and can anyone recommend any companies? Thanks in advance

Price can vary if it is a 'straight swap' or a conversion, plus depends on how much work is involved, which boiler is installed etc, therefore a thorough survey is required to give a proper quote (sent you a PM), cheers, Steve

Hi i think you could be looking at anything between £1600 to £3000

It all depends on lots of factors such as boiler model you would like

and how easy the swap/upgrade is.

The gas pipe size and run can also make a difference plus extras like

wireless room thermostats, trvs, heating filter.

Any help needed with quotes give us a call cheers jon at JB Heating Services.

We're having a problem with our combi boiler and wondering if anyone can recommened a reasonably priced engineer/repair service in the S11 area, or even advise me if it's something I might be able to sort out myself?

The make/model is Baxi 105 HE, and the problem is that there is a flashing 'flame failure' light that keeps occuring when the hot water or central heating tries to kick in. I've tried resetting it as per the instructions in the manual which initially seemed to work, but that only lasted a week before it happened again and now it's at a point where even if I can get it to reset it fails again the first time a hot water tap is turned on.

The manual suggests that if it is a recurring problem then it could be down to either the gas supply, the boiler itself or the condensate drain?

Try MickyET. He's very good with Baxi boilers.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try dropping him a PM.