The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Worcester Bosch combi-boiler installed b4 las Winter....Excellent..

has anyone has the

Vaillant 937 boiler fitted ? can you compare is with the

Vaillant Exclusive 838 ?

i rang up a couple of merchants they told me i may be good to look at unvented cylinder the old type of water heater and a separate system for heating.. but i thought that was old skool...

I had a very similar problem! Although my research facility has only four bedrooms (all en suite, thank God!), there's over seven acres of indoor laboratories and a kitchen to heat.

Obviously, the Glo-worm Fuelsaver MK2 wasn't up to the job, so I opted for an old Soviet nuclear reactor which I got off e-bay. I keep this stoked up with radioactive concrete chippings which from time to time fall off Chernobyl. Very cheap to run and any 'spent' uranium rods (which I happen across occasionally) make excellent hanging baskets! :thumbsup:

I really can't believe that you had a Glo-worm boiler!:)

go with the worcester mate,you'll not go far wrong

Hi, my sons are GasSafe Engineers and they will only fit Worcester Bosch. Let me know if you would like a quote

Hi there folks .. can i get some advice from anyone who has recently installed a new boiler..

i have a house with 5 bedrooms 2 ensuites and a family bathroom its a detached property

i need some advice on which heating system to go for.. .. plumber is already baffling me on different options but would like to know of any previous experiences..

thank you

Agree with Dan2802. Typically with a bathroom and additional en-suites there is a high possibility of multiple demand, something most combi-boilers will not cope with.....a 24kw combi will adequately heat about 9.5l/min of hot water, a 37kw will adequately heat about 16l/min. I have fitted several Vailant 937's (not cheap boilers !!) and the literature states a 'blended' output of 20l/min . You could opt for a more conventional style system (moderate boiler/big cylinder/ muliple header tanks) or an unvented system.....all three options give high output for a lengthy period, though the 937 has a heat store and resorts back to combi status when the store is used, hence endless hot water (compared to cylinders), though at a slightly lesser rate (16l/min). Happy to survey your property and discuss your options and provide a written quote, cheers, Steve

I really can't believe that you had a Glo-worm boiler!:)

I know! ... pretty impressive eh! Plumbers'd have a frenzy if I placed that on the open market I reckon! 'Form a queue please!' I'd have to shout :cool:

Ideal Logic + all day long for me even over a worcester, ive attended tons of worcester boiler faults this year and not very cheap.

How many Ideals have i been to this year for repairs (zero)

Also coming very soon ive been told from a friend at Ideal the Logic + range is soon to have a warranty of 7 years not bad at all i think.

Can someone tell me is there any difference between the Vaillant 937 and Worchester 550CDI i am looking to install one in a larget house 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms..

the worchester delivers a flow rate @ 25l/min but my gas man says realistically i wont acheive this and id be better going for the Vaillant 937 which gives a rate of 15l/min...

any advice please.....

Can someone tell me is there any difference between the Vaillant 937 and Worchester 550CDI i am looking to install one in a larget house 5 bedrooms 4 bathrooms..

the worchester delivers a flow rate @ 25l/min but my gas man says realistically i wont acheive this and id be better going for the Vaillant 937 which gives a rate of 15l/min...

any advice please.....

The Worcester 550CDi gives a flow rate of 25l/min, correct, so what reason does the engineer that has advised you give for it NOT delivering what the manufacturer states as its output?? If you have poor flow rate coming into the property then this WOULD be a problem so I would advise checking this before installing such a sizeable appliance. The Worcester is a floor-standing boiler whereas the Vaillant 937 is wall-hung. The Vaillant does NOT have a flow rate of 15l/min as you state.......it give a blended output of approx 20l/min for a finite period, once the heat store is used THEN it reverts back to normal combi mode and adequatel heats around 16l/min. In comparison the Worcester may be better regarding HW output but that does come at a cost as it is significantly more expensive than the Vaillant mentioned. Both will require adequate gas supply to meet the possible high demand too. Hope this help explain a little, regards, Steve

any advice please.....

I wouldn't install either as neither is really suitable for the potential hot water demand of the property. You say 4 bathrooms! How many full size baths are there, how many mixer showers? Is it likely that several hot water outlets will be used simultaneously, I.e running 2 mixer showers. I'd go for a suitably sized unvented cylinder which will provide mains pressure hot water and ensure sufficient volume. I'd also consider solar thermal as this would reduce energy costs and provide a tax free income for every kw of heat you produce when te RHI (renewable heat incentive) is finally launched next year.

Happy to advise, or why not visit our high street showroom in Doncaster town centre.