The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Only got an old boiler, I'll send her round when she's finished cooking my tea.

I had a viessmann vitodens boiler fitted a couple of years ago and I've ha dno problems whatsoever!

Why are some people so unhelpful?

There's a boiler megathread on here, it's bound to get merged with that. I read with interest as we are in a similar position. One thing I have heard is that Worcester Bosch and Ideal are good, I will never get another Ferroli!

Why are some people so unhelpful?

There's a boiler megathread on here, it's bound to get merged with that. I read with interest as we are in a similar position. One thing I have heard is that Worcester Bosch and Ideal are good, I will never get another Ferroli!

Me too ... Lambygenies are much better! :)

Very pleased with my Worcestor Greenstar Junior 28i. When I first was recommended it, I thought that would be way too small for my detached property on 3 levels. I wanted to go for the bigger one but was assured that would do the job. I presumed that going for the larger one would mean that it wasn't working flat out, so would be better. I was informed by my plumber that boilers actually work their best when they are working to full capacity instead of idling.

Anyway, they were absolutely right, boiler is spot on.

Me too ... Lambygenies are much better! :)

Why are you being so unhelpful?:hihi:

Another vote for Worcester, we had ours installed by an accredited fitter and it came with a 7 year Parts & Labour guarantee. They also flushed the system and installed a filter which picks up all the crud before it enters your boiler. Not a cheap boiler but certainly a good one they are Which's best buy.

A lot of it is down to the amount of hot water outlets and usage. For instance, if you are using 2 mixer showers and trying to fill a bath at the same time, the boiler just wouldn't cope with the demand. If you tend to use a lot of hot water, a heat only boiler with an vented cylinder and cold water storage tanks in the loft is one option. Another is an unvented cylinder

I had several quotes last year for a replacement boiler and extending the system. They all pushed the Ideal Logic + but with the benefit of hindsight I'd go for another make, maybe a Worcester Bosch which I've heard good reports of.

There's nothing wrong with the boiler, but the house never seems very warm somehow, especially the bathroom, which really needs to be the warmest roon in the house, imo.

Why are you being so unhelpful?:hihi:

I'm not being unhelpful! Just pointing out that Lambygenies are better than Ferrolis. The Ferroli 458 Italia is renowned for fire problems due to the adhesive used under the rear wheel arch ... quite what that's got to do with boilers is anyones guess, I didn't start it though!

Intergas boilers are very good and have a great reputation for reliability. We got one last year and it's so much better than what it replaced. The sales talk is that it has fewer moving parts than other boilers so there's less to go wrong.

It was £2500 less than what British Gas quoted us too.

Hi there folks .. can i get some advice from anyone who has recently installed a new boiler..

i have a house with 5 bedrooms 2 ensuites and a family bathroom its a detached property

i need some advice on which heating system to go for.. .. plumber is already baffling me on different options but would like to know of any previous experiences..

thank you

I think the advice looking for is what type of system.

A combi can't supply the demands of your hot water needs as the flow rates will be too low.

Your looking at an unvented system boiler with may be a 250l storage cylinder.

Happy to offer free, sensible advice!!!

I can't offer to quote as I don't hold the relevant certificates for this type of install.