boiler,only your mention of loud clicking noises could point to the PCB board,

not much inside these boilers to go wrong,but the fan on this model are prone

to giving up the ghost,simple test as you know your pump is running

turn on your boiler and listen to hear for the fan running,pump,fan,gas,

ignition,boiler fires,simples.parts are readily available for this boiler

unless you are looking at changing it.

Kind Regards

Phil

I like Grundfos any day, a 15/50 should be good for what you need.

Keith

South Yorks Htg

He is but has been poorly - Get well soon mate!

How can i stop air entering rad?

How can i prevent air entering an upstairs rad (bathroom)? No water leaks, but i have to bleed this rad every week.

How can i stop air entering rad?

How can i prevent air entering an upstairs rad (bathroom)? No water leaks, but i have to bleed this rad every week.

Suspect not a combi system. If you are sure there are no leaks then air may be being drawn in. Check pump is not 'pumping over' OR air drawn down the expansion. The dynamics of open vent systems can be delicate and there are a few causes and numerous solutions.

Long story, but better to have the full picture to help me;

We have a Ferroli Combi boiler, it is 8 years old. Our heating kicks in at 6.30 in a morning. I have to be up and out by 6 some mornings. Occasionally if I use the shower before the heating kicks in, the hot water is ok for a couple of minutes but then goes cold, as though the hot has run out. Come 6.30, the boiler doesn't kick and it needs a manual reset to fire the pilot light back into life.

With this in mind, we had Ferroli engineer out on Thursday last week. He said it was an older model he wasn't familiar with, but proceeded to replace 2 small parts which he referred to as "jets". One was full of "gunk!".

For the last 2 mornings, the boiler has failed to kick in and is showing low pressure. I've tweaked the pressure value each morning and it starts, however, during the morning the pressure steadily increases so that the over flow kicks in. Run the taps for a while and the pressure drops off gradually, and then drops off again overnight.

Only other thing I've found is a very small drip of a nut in the pipe work into the boiler which I know the Ferroli guy used to drain the system last week.

Could this drip be causing the pressure issues? Should I try and tighten the nut further or just get them back out again (it took 3 days for them to turn up last time!)

Does that make sense!

Cheers in hope :help:

Jim

Hi firstly he was running a big risk of causing the prv (over flow) to leak by draining your boiler from there. Also you should not have to increase the pressure over 1.5 bar not high enough to make the boiler blow off through the prv.

I think yourfault is a diverter problem the diaphragm may have a small hole and need replacing.

I would get them back or I can come have a look at it. No fix no fee terms. Or if you just want to go through it with me over the phone Call me on 07875633464

Thank you Scott

Thanks for responses so far.

They are booked to come back, but can't get until next FRIDAY!!!:rant:

With that in mind, had my dad round to get his opinion and see if the "leaky" nut could be tightened/make any difference. In total he found 4 nuts that were loose, one of which was only finger tight.

All tightened up and lets see if that makes any difference when I get home after nights tonight!

Pressure is still high at present, up around 3 - 3.5, not the usual 1.5-2. So overflow is still dripping.

How do I get the pressure down? Is it a case of just running the water or any other thing I can try?????

Cheers

Jim