The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Mod note:-

Threads merged, yet again.

Please use the search facility before posting duplicate threads

I was asking what boilers other plumbers use not what boilers customers had problems with

I was asking what boilers other plumbers use not what boilers customers had problems with

Logic+ every day.....as good as a Vaillant Ecotec Plus or Baxi Platinum but £250 cheaper, no brainer. Fitted about 40 now and not one problem....yet, touch wood lol , Steve

Hello whats the best brand and below 70 pounds for a C H pump please?

Is this to be fitted in a boiler or externally?

what size connections? copper or BSP thread?

Thanks Scott

Grundfos are widely regarded as the best but do not think you will get one less than £80. Wilo are good and about £60, or try a budget pump, Screwfix do a Flomasta for about £40

Hi, Does anyone have a contact number for the complete heat guy? My combi boiler packed in after we had rain get into it from a leaking roof. TIA

Or for Corgi gas man please?

Corgigasman's number is in his signature the post above yours by the way.

It's 07914356608

We have a Stelrad Ideal Classic RS40 boiler which I think is roughly 17 years old. Last night it made a loud series of clicking noises which startled me, and I promptly switched the CH and HW off. After turning it on again, I could hear the pump moving the water around, but the boiler wasn't firing to heat up the water, for both CH and HW.

My question is, is this it for this boiler and do I need to get a new one, or can it be fixed? I have been thinking of replacing it with something, but I clueless about what to get. I've read some of the recent replies about the Logic+, how much are they roughly and what is a reasonable level of cost to have the boiler replaced including labour?

I'm in Doncaster. Many thanks in advanced for your help.

Additional Info, the CH and HW is driven by a Grundfos pump with a separate recently fitted three way valve. The controls is a Lifestyle LP241 timer panel and a dial thermostat in the hallway. There are 13 radiators and one hot water cylinder with a immersion heater installed.

Edited by Donnyguy

Hi.

Bit too far to travel from sheffield to have a look at your existing boiler and give you a diagnosis. If you follow this link it will give you an idea on fixed price replacement for your boiler. http://low-cost-boilers.com/heating/system-boilers.

Hope this helps.

would appreciate feedback on our website as its still being developed.

Regards.

We have a Stelrad Ideal Classic RS40 boiler which I think is roughly 17 years old. Last night it made a loud series of clicking noises which startled me, and I promptly switched the CH and HW off. After turning it on again, I could hear the pump moving the water around, but the boiler wasn't firing to heat up the water, for both CH and HW.

My question is, is this it for this boiler and do I need to get a new one, or can it be fixed? I have been thinking of replacing it with something, but I clueless about what to get. I've read some of the recent replies about the Logic+, how much are they roughly and what is a reasonable level of cost to have the boiler replaced including labour?

I'm in Doncaster. Many thanks in advanced for your help.

Additional Info, the CH and HW is driven by a Grundfos pump with a separate recently fitted three way valve. The controls is a Lifestyle LP241 timer panel and a dial thermostat in the hallway. There are 13 radiators and one hot water cylinder with a immersion heater installed.

Ball-park figure to fit a Logic+ 30kw combi to your existing system is £2000, a survey is essential to give a firm quote and check the viability of the job and thoroughly discuss your options. Happy to view your current boiler and diagnose problem plus conduct survey at same time, regards, Steve