The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

A general check then would you say , you don't actually renew anything ??? Wouldn't mind if it was refered to as an inspection or check , but think a "service" is actually a bit misleading .

whatever it is will be too much . You cant actually do anything to "service" a boiler . One of the biggest/best money for nothing jobs there is for a plumber.

Are you Corgi registered?

Make it legal for you to service gas equipment?

Yes with the RSPCA-royal soc promoting careless advice

It is Gas Safe registered now instead of Corgi.

Make it legal for you to service gas equipment?

No it wouldn't ,,it would be gas safe , not corgi . I was not offering to do the "service" , just pointing out that i think they are a rip off because you don't actually do a deal for it .

What good would that do ??????

OK are you Gas Safe registered? New rules too on electrical installation by certified electricians?

Yes with the RSPCA-royal soc promoting careless advice

What a stupid remark and quite frankly childish . Maybe i should start servicing consumer units , theres a thought.

Gas safe for electrical installation ?? new to me .

I recently had a new shower fitted and a retired electrician who has always done my electrical work in the past won't do it anymore due to the tight regulations requiring anyone who fits electrical equipment being registered with an Electrical Installation Certificate?

As I understand it, anyone who services or installs gas equopment has to have the Gas Safety Certificate.

Correct me if I'm wrong however?