The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hi the time clock is easy its the boiler that i could do with more info on the should be a perminent live and nutral obviously to the L and N on the time clock then you need to wire the lx and l1 to the boiler. What dose it say internally at the room state conections? If it has never had a time clock installed there should just be a wire in a short loop between to terminals.

Hi thanks for the quick reply do you need to know what it says in the boiler? I've got 6 connectors and the internal time clock is wired with black 1, black 3, brown 4, and blue 6, I'll try and post a pic, tried and can't do you have an email or phone number that I can send you a pic?

also could do with knowing the model of the boiler is it an excell 80 e by any chance?

The bloke who services your boiler is a bit tom dick as the bearings do not need WD40 or any lubricant,and this is likely to cause siezure.The fan must operate sweetly or the gas valve will not open and the boiler will not fire up due to lack of ignition.A lot of gas engineers are too arrogant and lazy to read the details provided in the handbook;they are quasi-cowboys.

Hi,

Our boiler has never had a problem but recently when it starts up (when water/central heating comes on) the flame starts up straight away but then you can hear this clicking noise and when you look the flame is blowing side ways! It then sounds like its restarting every few seconds for about a fee minutes then its fine.

Our house had its annual gas service last week and although sods law when the guy tested it it didnt do it he said it sounds like the fan (cant remember exactly) so he just sprayed wd40 on top. Obviously as it didnt do it he couldnt see the problem.

Anyway its done it again tonight, some days it does it every time but then it wont do it for a few days. When it did it just then i went in to check after 5 mins of hearing the clicking and the red light for water is on but no flame and no clicking sound. So i turned heating to 'on' and the flame kicked it again, then i turned heating back to 'off' and just left water light on and so far the flames still there and is going upwards with no clicking.

What could it be? Its 'ideal classic LXFF & FF fanned flue gas boiler'

My Bold=

Do you think it may be wind blowing into the flue pipe of the boiler causing the flame to blow out?

The bloke who services your boiler is a bit tom dick as the bearings do not need WD40 or any lubricant,and this is likely to cause siezure.The fan must operate sweetly or the gas valve will not open and the boiler will not fire up due to lack of ignition.A lot of gas engineers are too arrogant and lazy to read the details provided in the handbook;they are quasi-cowboys.

I did wonder if he sounded a bit like that tbh. I will give them another ring.

My Bold=

Do you think it may be wind blowing into the flue pipe of the boiler causing the flame to blow out?

Ive no idea but it sounds reasonable. How would i check this? Why would this all of a sudden happen though?