The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hi, we'd be able to replace your boiler with a baxi solo 18he in the same location as your current boiler for £1400 including a flush. The only thing I can't remember about your system is the proximity of a drain to the boiler location to run the condensate pipe to so I would have to visit to check that, but it wouldn't affect the quote.

Regards

Dan

City Wide Heating Services.

Great to hear from you Dan. I know there will be a need to have the flue running out from where the existing one is- slightly longer than the one we have now. There is a drain (waste pipe) near the flue which runs from the utility room.

I would be happy to have you come down and have a good look to ensure all the right parts & bits fit when installing- the guy from BG was quite happy with the property as it had all the electrics done and correct systems to work...so no need for any major stuff. Just making sure the pipe would run under floor so as to avoid freezing- again, you could check all this.

Can you give me a day/time as to when you could come over- I know you have worked on the current boiler and it does the job- but if a new efficient one is going to save me money and perform better, then I may as well get it done before the next big chill.

Thanks

Great to hear from you Dan. I know there will be a need to have the flue running out from where the existing one is- slightly longer than the one we have now. There is a drain (waste pipe) near the flue which runs from the utility room.

I would be happy to have you come down and have a good look to ensure all the right parts & bits fit when installing- the guy from BG was quite happy with the property as it had all the electrics done and correct systems to work...so no need for any major stuff. Just making sure the pipe would run under floor so as to avoid freezing- again, you could check all this.

Can you give me a day/time as to when you could come over- I know you have worked on the current boiler and it does the job- but if a new efficient one is going to save me money and perform better, then I may as well get it done before the next big chill.

Thanks

Hi, this week Andy and I could visit either late Wednesday afternoon (any time after 3pm) or next Saturday morning if either of those times would be any good for you. If neither of these times are convenient give me a call on 07581193693 and we'll move some work around to fit you in at another time to suit you.

Thanks

Dan

Thanks- I know you state coverage is South Yorkshire- if I did consider something from oneheating, would you look at doing job in another part of Yorkshire?

Happy to view job and offer a written quote........£1400 as quoted above will be in the area I would imagine, cheers, Steve

Hi, this week Andy and I could visit either late Wednesday afternoon (any time after 3pm) or next Saturday morning if either of those times would be any good for you. If neither of these times are convenient give me a call on 07581193693 and we'll move some work around to fit you in at another time to suit you.

Thanks

Dan

Cheers Dan- Wednesday would be better as someone will be here just in case we're out on Saturday, unless you prefer the Saturday then let me know- can be flexible around you too.

I trust you will want to come to look first to ascertain what work is required etc before deciding on the date to install a new boiler.

Cheers

Happy to view job and offer a written quote........£1400 as quoted above will be in the area I would imagine, cheers, Steve

Thanks for the response corgigasman- if I did not know Dan or used him before, I would be happy to consider others. You all sound great and are very helpful- but Citywide would be first option as they have been supportive in past and reliable and I know they do a thorough job- big or small.

Cheers Dan- Wednesday would be better as someone will be here just in case we're out on Saturday, unless you prefer the Saturday then let me know- can be flexible around you too.

I trust you will want to come to look first to ascertain what work is required etc before deciding on the date to install a new boiler.

Cheers

Thanks for the response corgigasman- if I did not know Dan or used him before, I would be happy to consider others. You all sound great and are very helpful- but Citywide would be first option as they have been supportive in past and reliable and I know they do a thorough job- big or small.

Hi, thanks for your kind words about the work we've done for you in the past. We'll be there to look at the system between 3pm and 3.30 on wednesday if that's ok.

Thanks again, Dan

Hi, thanks for your kind words about the work we've done for you in the past. We'll be there to look at the system between 3pm and 3.30 on wednesday if that's ok.

Thanks again, Dan

See you wednesday. Thanks

Hi, I am hopeing somebody can give me a quote to supply and fit a new Thermistor in my combi, it has been cutting in and out when the boiler is running hot water until today, it has now pretty much chucked the towel in. After a few days me and the lady may smell quite bad so it is a bit of a rush job :):help:

If you give details of the boiler including the G.C. number you'll have a better chance of someone giving you an estimate on here

Hi

my partner has recently bought a property and we are looking at sometime in the future installing a central heating system. the property has three log burning fires and first he would like to know if systems can still be run of these and secondly how much a system usually costs? we are going to try and pick up radiators ourselves

Thanks

Loads more info would be required to even begin to guess a price.

Call a few of us qualified/registered plumbers out to quote when your ready.

No one will even give an estimate without a site visit.

Mod Note:-

Threads merged

Please use the search facility before starting new threads

We would be happy to call round and quote for new boiler or central heating cheers jon.