The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Completeheat/Monstergrab/MickyET/Corgigasman

Fantastic advise both on installations and using this very forum! Thanks.

I would definitely post a review on anyone I used...there are not many central, independent places around to do exactly that.

Thanks again and will come back to let you know how it goes....

Steve

D P Roberts

Citywide heating services

Hi Ajeb, for an installation in a cellar the 3 main things you need to check are the position of the flue terminal ie the distance from boundaries, openings into the building, height from floor etc. To get a general idea for this you could google BS5440 part 1 where you will be able to see a diagram of generic terminal positions( although some manufacturer's clearances vary from these so use them only as a guide and wait until you start getting quotes for exact measurements), the other things to check are a suitable place for condensate pipes to discharge although pumps are available so this isn't usually too much of an issue, and a suitable place for a pressure relief pipe to terminate if you are having a sealed system(combi etc). Hope this advice helps but whoever quotes will be able to tell you exactly where your boiler will be able to go.

If you would like us to quote feel free to call me (Dan 07971 333023) at anytime and we'll be happy to come round and advise you

Thanks dan

We're hopefully moving into our first house soon (end terrace) and I think that it is going to need a new boiler system - current boiler (15+ years old) is in the cellar and I just wondered what the likelihood was of being able to install a condensing boiler in the same location?

I'm not sure that there is a drain nearby and the current flue comes out very near to the property boundary - I've read some bits about all the regs relating to new condensing boilers and am throughly confused! We'll obviously get some quotes once we've moved in, but just wanted to get an idea now of the likelihood of a cellar option....?

Agree with Citywide, you really need a survey so an engineer can check the job properly and offer the appropriate advice. Consideration has to be given to the flue and its clearances BUT also the 'nuisance' factor of a modern boiler 'pluming' close to a boundary. I have fitted several boilers in cellars and the condense and PRV are usually the main problem, the PRV can not rise and the condense needs a continual fall otherwise it needs pumping away. Happy to survey the job and offer advice, cheers,

Steve

D P Roberts

City Wide Heating Services

Good points Steve(corgigasman), I forgot to mention nuisance pluming

Thanks

Dan

We're hopefully moving into our first house soon (end terrace) and I think that it is going to need a new boiler system - current boiler (15+ years old) is in the cellar and I just wondered what the likelihood was of being able to install a condensing boiler in the same location?

I'm not sure that there is a drain nearby and the current flue comes out very near to the property boundary - I've read some bits about all the regs relating to new condensing boilers and am throughly confused! We'll obviously get some quotes once we've moved in, but just wanted to get an idea now of the likelihood of a cellar option....?

Would also like to quote as previously mentioned It would be better for an onsite survey.

That is why proper feedback is necessary. After a job has been advertised then it benefits everyone if the op posts feedback after the job on the same thread for all to see.

But people rarely do even if you ask them to :mad:

Completeheat/Monstergrab/MickyET/Corgigasman

Fantastic advise both on installations and using this very forum! Thanks.

I would definitely post a review on anyone I used...there are not many central, independent places around to do exactly that.

Thanks again and will come back to let you know how it goes....

Steve

In my opinion you wont go far wrong with either MickeyET OR Corgigasman. Both been regular on the forum, and like myself give loads of free and valuable advice.

Both have done some installs for my customers and the feedback has been fantastic. Quality installs from quality timeserved engineers.

Guys--pm me to let me know the PR cheque is in the post......;):)

D P Roberts

City Wide Heating Services

Good points Steve(corgigasman), I forgot to mention nuisance pluming

Thanks

Dan

Yep.. all good points. We'd all say to the OP to get a few in for some free advice and quotes. We know we can install boilers in places owners never new existed....:)

In my opinion you wont go far wrong with either MickeyET OR Corgigasman. Both been regular on the forum, and like myself give loads of free and valuable advice.

Both have done some installs for my customers and the feedback has been fantastic. Quality installs from quality timeserved engineers.

Will do. :D

Have to remind me Andy.......how much do I currently owe ??:hihi::hihi:

Plumber required RIGHT NOW. Major leak behind one of my kitchen walls. Anyone available immediately? Water everywhere. Help!!!!!