The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

It's only technically illegal (in your own home) if something goes wrong. It would then be negligence I believe and you could be prosecuted for not being competent, causing damage/harm to property/people.

To profit from gas work (in other people's homes) you need to pass a series of very straightforward questions every 5 years and pay a fee to gas safe every year to be considered competent.

It's actually surprising the amount of people who DIY fit boilers and parts in their own homes mainly to save money.

I would never do it, I'd rather pay someone who is properly qualified, I have someone coming to look at mine this week to look at a pressure problem.

Agree, but you dont need to remove the cover to access the tubes to the pressure switch.

the outer casing does seal the boiler on the ideal NF. Why have you jumped to thinking its got to be perished AP tubes. yes they sometimes split but not that often and when they do split the boiler tends to cycle on/off every couple of mins or so.

there are two other possibilities

the outer casing does seal the boiler on the ideal NF. Why have you jumped to thinking its got to be perished AP tubes. yes they sometimes split but not that often and when they do split the boiler tends to cycle on/off every couple of mins or so.

there are two other possibilities

And would they be things I can check easily ???

No you don't have to be gas registered in 3rd world countries but that is why there are so many fatalities in those countires. Been gas registered in this country is not a licence to print money the cost of maintaing qualifications registrations and equipment doesn't come cheap ! If the you want to kill yourself your family or blow up your house then feel free put please do not advise others on an open forum on matters you are not qualified or competent to do so. The other thing to also point out is that if you do diy gas work and cause any problems your house insurance will be invalid. To the op it could a number of things causing your boiler not to work get it checked out by a professional, if it is the fan or anything related to that remember that s what carries the poisonous gases away from the boiler so not worth messing with !

hi , im needing an expansion vessel replacing vaillant ecotec 837 boiler.

i have the part, just need a quote for the fitting in doncaster. anyone?

Edited by tmmo

Can do next week for you will pm cost cheers Jon at JB Heating Services.

hi , im needing an expansion vessel replacing vaillant ecotec 837 boiler.

i have the part, just need a quote for the fitting in doncaster. anyone?

We can fit this week if you are rotherham side of doncaster ? have you also got the pressure relief valve as this will have operated and may not re seal if the expansion vessel has gone and have you got the 3/8 fibre washer for the connection hose ?

I'm looking to change my old immersion heater (tank type) with a new combi boiler. Boiler is in pantry downstairs and water tank is upstairs in bathroom. 3 bed house.

I would welcome anyone that could potentially do the job, an estimate would be good, thanks in advance.

I'm looking to change my old immersion heater (tank type) with a new combi boiler. Boiler is in pantry downstairs and water tank is upstairs in bathroom. 3 bed house.

I would welcome anyone that could potentially do the job, an estimate would be good, thanks in advance.

We can help please call us

Many Thanks

Mike

Happy to survey your property, offer advice and a written quote, cheers, Steve

I would be happy to call and survey the job, and provide advice and a quotation.

I am in wincobank Thursday morning.

Regards

Adam

Any commercial gas engineer on here?

I am starting a new fast food place and need the gas pipe from celler and route it though to first floor and have fittings fitted for a few cookers