The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

I was Vaillant approved for years, taking out time and spending my own money to complete their training course. So was annoyed when i saw their promotion which is really just a sales ploy. Number of new Vaillaints being installed has dropped much like other manufacturers, mostly due to recession and decline in new build properties. Just look at how many maufacturers are now offering 5yr guarantee as standard...

We can fit you a valliant with a 5 year warrantee, all the top end valliant's come with it as standard, we can also fit you baxi with a 7 year warrantee for cheaper to, call us if required

Thank you so much for the replies. We have people quoting next week and will take it from there.

It doesn't seem fair that Vaillant have opened this up to others when some of you have had to jump through hoops. Maybe they will loose business though this when fitters stop recommending Valliant over other boilers :confused:

Thank you so much for the replies. We have people quoting next week and will take it from there.

It doesn't seem fair that Vaillant have opened this up to others when some of you have had to jump through hoops. Maybe they will loose business though this when fitters stop recommending Valliant over other boilers :confused:

Remember quotes cost nothing so get as many as you can !

Hi

We are considering installing gas central heating in our one bedroom flat. There is currently no gas connection, everything is electric. We would need three radiators, boiler and the relevant pipework carrying out. If possible could someone please PM me with a rough idea of how much this would cost.

Thanks in advance

Kristin

If you are in reciept of certain benefits you could qualify for getting this work installed for free. however this grant scheme is coming to a close soon and so you need to act fast.

Happy to advise / quote.

Steve Peacock

http://Www.greenbuyheating.co.uk

We are looking for a qualified gas boiler engineer to replace our boiler with a Vaillant ecotec plus 837 in the same place as the old one. We would like a filter with it and a remote thermostat. It is important that it is fitted by a Vallient member so that we have a five year warranty.

Please could you PM me with a rough idea of price if you are interested in the job. We would also like to know how much you service the boiler for annually.

Thank you :)

Happy to provide free no obligation survey. Check out our fixed price deals at http://www.oneheating.co.uk. Or our parent company http://www.greenbuyheating.co.uk.

Kind regards

Steve Peacock

I have a baxi combi boiler .The heating and water are not working:confused:The reset switch has been set but it makes no difference.The red warning light on the flame symbol keeps flashing .Any advice or any good recommended engineers please.

I have a baxi combi boiler .The heating and water are not working:confused:The reset switch has been set but it makes no difference.The red warning light on the flame symbol keeps flashing .Any advice or any good recommended engineers please.

Hi could be lots of things, does the fan run, is there a spark at the electrode or is the boiler just dead.

I would be checking the gas ignition rate/pressure

The flame sensor and lead may need checking/cleaning/repositioning/replacing.

The air pressure switch may not be making when the fan kicks in or the pressure switch tubes could require cleaning inside.

Not sure really with out seeing and fault finding cheers jon.

as john says that flame failure fault light covers a multitude of things.

Should you require any help or the boiler fixing we are baxi trained service and repair engineers so please call

We phoned dl services they came and moved some pipework ages ago for us .The boiler smoked when he switched it on so it looks like its burnt out.Quoted £950 for a main eco 30 fitted .The pipework with the old baxi can be used which is good so hopefully not to much mess.