The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Seems like there are some great people on here, hopefully someone can give me some advice.

I have a Main HE boiler that on two occasions has stopped with a Water Circulation Fault. This has only occurred when the heating has been on for a couple of hours and then I turn the hot water on. It doesn't do this every time but I'm worried it is the beginning of a long term fault.

Could it be something serious?

Seems like there are some great people on here, hopefully someone can give me some advice.

I have a Main HE boiler that on two occasions has stopped with a Water Circulation Fault. This has only occurred when the heating has been on for a couple of hours and then I turn the hot water on. It doesn't do this every time but I'm worried it is the beginning of a long term fault.

Could it be something serious?

Hi I have seen this exact fault before and the previous plumber had power flushed the hole system including heat exchanger new diverter electrode he did alsorts but the problem got worse and worse until it stoped working altogether.

Any way long story sort my mate went round new air pressure switch fixed it and still going strong.

Hi

Any chance of a visit in Greystones today? The red 'tap' which you turn to increase water pressure has split, so when you turn it there's no grip. The water pressure has slowly decreased (I think we have a small leak somewhere) until it's 0 bar - and now the central heating won't work.

Cheers

Problem sorted.

Lee from "AAA Ultimate" visited and sorted problem. V. cheap too.

Thanks

Hiya!

Over the past week-10 days our boiler has been losing pressure. It's on a timer to set the heating going at 6am and go off at 1030pm and it's during the night that the pressure has been dropping. So most mornings we're getting up to no heating or hot water :(

My husband bled the radiators and for a couple of days we didn't have to fill the system again but yesterday morning and this morning things were cold again.

We can find a leaky radiator anywhere so I was just hoping somebody could give us a bit of help or advice before we call somebody out.

Many thanks x

i had the same problem, it was something like the expansion tank in the boiler that had failed, they fitted a new tank above the existing boiler as its in the garage and not visible, cost about £100

Hi it could be the expantion tank or the prv but it may not be as bad as it sounds most prv's are not that expensive and the tank may just want repressurizing.

Thanks

Paul

Mod Note:-

Threads merged

Yan, please do not start fresh threads, when there is this megathread in existence. The prompt facility will have brought this thread up for you as one of the suggestions.

Thanks but it didn't bring up suggestions as I posted from my mobile!

A bit of advice please

Had a baxi boiler installed last year so still under warranty is it right that the installer can charge me for call out and to fix it??

I want to ring baxi up direct but on the website saying to ring the installer first.