The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

thanks - will mention to the engineer :)

hi

wanting quotes to fit new boiler for me, at the momment i have a standard boiler , and wanting a combi fitted,

the new boiler will be fitted next to gas meter in utility room

i will supply, as i am a builder and get good trade prices

Whats so complex about a drain down and flush out?

I didn't say it was, the poster's system is 9yrs old so may benefit from one or a drain down.

When we replaced boiler they put one of those magnetic filters in, it is surprising how much comes out when they clean it.

Iv'e got a spirotap one on mine, well worth the money.

we've all got an old boiler at home :D

city and guilds qualified electrician , rewires and upgrades ,kitchens , windows , doors , conservatories , extensions , plumbing .

We do it all. TOP QUALITY KITCHENS DESIGNED AND SUPPLIED AT TRADE PRICES 07771623872

just want to say thanks to this chap...we returned from holiday yesterday to no electricity and the gas boiler not working.

i found his number on here and made the call...he guided us through the simple steps over the phone and got us up and running. he was honest enough to not insist on a call out etc which was great news for us.

thanks again mate. appreciated your help.

shane

Hi,

i have a biasi combi boiler (fitted 07 I think). Over the last few months the dhw supply to the bath in particular has been playing up. It runs hot, cold, hot, cold and having a bath is becoming a nightmare. It seems to work better when the tap is only half open but that solution is no longer working aswell either.

a friend checked the pressure and that was low so that was increased. (the kitchen tap hot water doesnt seem to be effected only the bath tap)

after looking about on some forums i think a poss cause may be the heat exchanger being plaqued up and needing a clean or replacement. I dont think it has been serviced since being fitted.

can I have a rough idea of quotes for the above and also a service.

thanks

Mod note

Merged threads yet again.

Please use the search facility before starting new threads

hi lynsey84 well come and service your boiler and do fault finding to see what the fault could be. Ive sent you a pm Cheers Jon

Edited by JBradleybz

hi lynsey84 well come and service your boiler and do fault finding to see what the fault could be. Ive sent you a pm Cheerfault

I can recommend Jon

Hi,

i have a biasi combi boiler (fitted 07 I think). Over the last few months the dhw supply to the bath in particular has been playing up. It runs hot, cold, hot, cold and having a bath is becoming a nightmare. It seems to work better when the tap is only half open but that solution is no longer working aswell either.

a friend checked the pressure and that was low so that was increased. (the kitchen tap hot water doesnt seem to be effected only the bath tap)

after looking about on some forums i think a poss cause may be the heat exchanger being plaqued up and needing a clean or replacement. I dont think it has been serviced since being fitted.

can I have a rough idea of quotes for the above and also a service.

thanks

try replacing DHW thermister first. they tend to get scaled up easily in a biasi. can't keep pace with higher flow from bath taps when on full so boiler is cycling.

andy.

ps. cheaper than dhw plate exchanger and if u need a new plate u would also need a new thermister as well.