The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Hi, Thanks for your reply, the water isn't pouring outside, normally when Ihave filled boilers up before you can hear the water flowing, however when I try to fill up there is no sound at all

My favourite boilers these. Most likely a bit of dirt in the filter in the cold mains side of the loop.If you are confident enough you can do it yourself, not too complex

Could be dirt in the filter on the built in filling loop as corgigasman says we fit and services these boilers all the time and are working close with ideal for xmas breakdowns.

I have a Worcester Bosch RD532 Combi with the wireless digistat.

The digistat has stopped working,i have changed the batteries and checked the connections but still blank screen.

Does anyone know a good place to get a replacement and does it need fitting (ie parts in boiler aswell) or is a straight replacement.

Any advice appreciated.

Mod Note

Threads merged yet again. Please use the search/ prompt facilities before posting a new thread

The digistat has stopped working,i have changed the batteries and checked the connections but still blank screen.

Does anyone know a good place to get a replacement and does it need fitting (ie parts in boiler aswell) or is a straight replacement.

Any advice appreciated.

If it's a Danfoss RF, does nothing happen when you rotate the dial? The peg inside the dial may be broken. Danfoss wanted me to 'sell the house' for a replacement, so we just turn the broken pin now! Sod em!

Any advice appreciated.

Got a brand new worcester mechanical rf stat which i nver used on a job I can supply and fit for £70 ??

I live in a 6 bedroom house over 3 floors with 2 shower rooms and a bathroom, my systemate 2000 Gledhill boiler (a thermal store) needs replacing as its corroding, I have had all the the recommended people round from this site, none of which have got back to me with a quote, I have finally managed to get someone local to quote me for a vaillant unistore 210 which is about what I expected at £2,800 however he's also wanting me to change the boiler in the kitchen as well to a vaillant ecotec 438 for almost as much again, I would have expected the boiler in the kitchen to be half this amount been half the size etc.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

I live in a 6 bedroom house over 3 floors with 2 shower rooms and a bathroom, my systemate 2000 Gledhill boiler (a thermal store) needs replacing as its corroding, I have had all the the recommended people round from this site, none of which have got back to me with a quote, I have finally managed to get someone local to quote me for a vaillant unistore 210 which is about what I expected at £2,800 however he's also wanting me to change the boiler in the kitchen as well to a vaillant ecotec 438 for almost as much again, I would have expected the boiler in the kitchen to be half this amount been half the size etc.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Seems a bit excessive and over the top for me. Why not combine the two and install the vaillant ecotec plus 937. you obviously have the room for it to go where the gledhill currently is - the 937 is the size of a washing machine -lol. So, you could free up the space where the old kitchen boiler is.

It will supply ample hot water for the 2 showers and bath. its got actoSTOR which is a twin 7.5l stainless steel fully insulated storage tank store with a VERY fast recovery rate. both showers running and the bath filling all at once no probs for it. adjustable heating output and weather compensation is built in.

boiler cost is about £1400

andy

Edited by Complete-Heat

Seems a bit excessive and over the top for me. Why not combine the two and install the vaillant ecotec plus 937. you obviously have the room for it to go where the gledhill currently is - the 937 is the size of a washing machine -lol. So, you could free up the space where the old kitchen boiler is.

It will supply ample hot water for the 2 showers and bath. its got actoSTOR which is a twin 7.5l stainless steel fully insulated storage tank store with a VERY fast recovery rate. both showers running and the bath filling all at once no probs for it. adjustable heating output and weather compensation is built in.

boiler cost is about £1400

andy

Thanks for your reply, just read up on this boiler and it says it's only got a bar of 1.3 my showers both run off the hot water system, will this be high enough to sustain the existing water pressure we currently get?

Many thanks

Any help appreciated

Thanks

We are often recommended on this forum and have not been for a quote if you would like a free quote I'm more than sure we could best that price !!