The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

can do wednesday thursday or friday evening same price as usual .

I just had a boiler fitted by Corgigasman (the post above).

Good price, turned up when he said he would, friendly and kept the place clean.

Recommended.

Ta Steve

I just had a boiler fitted by Corgigasman (the post above).

Good price, turned up when he said he would, friendly and kept the place clean.

Recommended.

Ta Steve

Thank you for the recommendation, greatly appreciated, glad you are happy with the installation, regards, Steve :)

Steve recently serviced a fire and boiler for me. He gave me some great advice and fixed a few bits at a reasonable price.

Thanks

Steve recently serviced a fire and boiler for me. He gave me some great advice and fixed a few bits at a reasonable price.

Thanks

Thank you for the feedback, always greatly appreciated, Steve

Has anyone had a new boiler fitted by Help Link (i.e the firm advertising the £17 a month boiler on tv)?

I would be interested to hear of your experiences as this kind of offer would be of interest to me (someone whos house could do with a new boiler but hasn't currently got the funds in the bank to pay in one go, therefore installments would be the only option)

Thanks

:DI would be interested too......£17/month, for how long? Like to see the small print but is a good puller

Has anyone had a new boiler fitted by Help Link (i.e the firm advertising the £17 a month boiler on tv)?

I would be interested to hear of your experiences as this kind of offer would be of interest to me (someone whos house could do with a new boiler but hasn't currently got the funds in the bank to pay in one go, therefore installments would be the only option)

Thanks

Help Link states that you pay a total of £2,514 vs cash price of £1,789 - nearly 30% seems a large premium to pay for the option of instalments! 120 monthly payments of £17 and deposit of £474. I appreciate that for most households a boiler is an expensive purchase, but over £700 extra...is it really worth it?

Corgigasman, their print is so small I had to zoom into my screen to read it:o

Edited by SilverRain

Cheers SilverRain, that explains it a bit better, not quite the bargain it seems.......though £17 a month will be affordable to eveyone, hope the boilers last that long:)

Help Link states that you pay a total of £2,514 vs cash price of £1,789 - nearly 30% seems a large premium to pay for the option of instalments! 120 monthly payments of £17 and deposit of £474. I appreciate that for most households a boiler is an expensive purchase, but over £700 extra...is it really worth it?

Corgigasman, their print is so small I had to zoom into my screen to read it:o

I assume the £1789 cash price is also for a 'straight swap' for another poor quality boiler.

While we all know a boiler change is a large financial burden you only want to do it once so a little spent in the short term will be money well spent in the long term.

I assume the £1789 cash price is also for a 'straight swap' for another poor quality boiler.

While we all know a boiler change is a large financial burden you only want to do it once so a little spent in the short term will be money well spent in the long term.

Well they say it's a Worcester... still not a particularly good deal , though as Corgigasman says, if you can't afford the cash straight up...£17 a month is a good option, but only if you don't get into problems due to the length of the term and if you're happy to part with over £700 for the privilege:)