The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Mod note.

Threads merged. Please use the search facility before posting new threads

The megathread exists for all boiler and central heating related queries.

Hi,

can anybody andvice me a plumber that can supply and fit a combi boiler as well as disconnect and remove old water tank and boiler for a fair price?

Cheers,

gabry

Happy to view your property, offer advice and a free written quote, cheers, Steve

Hi,

can anybody andvice me a plumber that can supply and fit a combi boiler as well as disconnect and remove old water tank and boiler for a fair price?

Cheers,

gabry

Hi there,

We would be happy to give you a quote. If chosen we have engineers available to do your install immediately. Please contact me any time on 07946395053.

Regards,

Justin

Hi all,

Vaillant Combination Boiler / Not sure of model number

Basically, last night I decided I would run the central heating system for the first time in a good few months (summer and all that). It proved to be a huge success with all radiators warming up nicely, heating the house as expected.

However, I wake up this morning ready to shower and get out of the house only to find that I am void of any hot water. The hot water simply wasn't flowing as it should be.

Now, I'm pretty confident that this has something to do with the heating going back on.

Can anyone help shed some light on this situation?

Thanks in advance,

Rach x

Did you bleed any radiators? Check pressure gauge on front of boiler, needle should be in grey section (press minus button, bottom left of the four on front, for a digital read-out of pressure), if pressure is low (0.6bar) then should display a fault code in display...you can rectify this by topping the pressure up. You do this by looking below the boiler, there are two taps that say 'closed', they will be pointing across, turn them both 90 degrees so they point forwards and watch the pressure gauge, when needle points to 10 o'clock position then shut the taps by turning them to original position ie straight across. Bit too busy to attend personally the next few weeks but if you post further info then myself and the other lads will be able to offer further advice, cheers, Steve

You may also find that the diverter valve is stuck in the hot water position I have done one of these last week and one this week we can have a look friday if you like.

Steve is right, check pressure gauge first off, if its OK then Micky will be able to sort for you.

Mod note

Threads merged once again

Please use the search facility before creating new threads

Thanks everyone for helping with this - I will check all of this tonight and come to you. Hopefully I won't break anything! x

Hi Guys

is anyone free tomorow Friday 22nd or a.s.a.p, to come and look at my faulty bolier, i have no heating and hot water, be very grateful for free call out and quote.

Worcester highflow 400; burner lights when there is demand then cuts out 5 seconds later and immediately relights again and keeps repeating this so water not getting hot enough. Any ideas? Not local so no offers to call please. Thanks.

i cant be bothered to read all the way through but found this to be of interest as i have never seen our gas engineers do this only the flue check,

makes you wonder our valiant combi is three years old now.