any plumbers online now? im having boiler issues and need to speak to someone

online at the moment

Heating engineer is what youre looking for not plumber

kind regards Phil

online at the moment

Heating engineer is what youre looking for not plumber

kind regards Phil

sent u a pm thanks

Just heard VHS Direct have gone bust (plumbing and heating supplies), any other engineers heard this? Been waiting on a boiler 2 weeks, checked site, it was down, rang number, no answer, sent e-mail, got a reply saying 'we are having trouble with our suppliers and are going to refund everyone'. Yeah, right. So why not contact people and explain if that were the situation. Ordered 'missing' boiler from Plumb Centre and they said they have been 'taken' for a tidy sum also.....so it does sound correct

Vhs were owned by valley heating services which was a trading name of valley services . I know where there office is and know they have set back up ring me if you want more details.

can anyone recommend a plumber?

We have appointments for monday please call us or message us via the link on our website.

I have a central heating breakdown repair insurance policy. Unfortunately, my central heating has broken down and the company has not been very helpful at all - I still don't have an engineer booked to come and fix the problem, despite having called them five times today (and informing them each time that I have medical problems which are exacerbated by cold, so am in pain). My question is: does anyone have experience of a good central heating insurance repair company whom they could recommend? (If they think they're going to keep my custom after this, they are very much mistaken.) Thank you for your help.

I have a central heating breakdown repair insurance policy. Unfortunately, my central heating has broken down and the company has not been very helpful at all - I still don't have an engineer booked to come and fix the problem, despite having called them five times today (and informing them each time that I have medical problems which are exacerbated by cold, so am in pain). My question is: does anyone have experience of a good central heating insurance repair company whom they could recommend? (If they think they're going to keep my custom after this, they are very much mistaken.) Thank you for your help.

Unfortunately customers take out cover and find the service is not as immediate as they would hope. I recently visited a new boiler fitted by a major installer, the boiler was 6 weeks old, under warranty and the customer had 3 star cover YET the company told the lady it would be 2/3 days before they could get out. It really is pretty poor. You could post your area and a local engineer may be able to fit you in. Alternatively try 'oneheating' (http://www.oneheating.co.uk), a local company that offers heating cover at a fraction of the cost of the major companies...and totally reliable. Good luck, Steve

Many thanks for your reply Steve. I shall certainly contact the company you recommended - I'm definitely switching my cover after this debacle!

sorry to say this but i think the covers are worthless i have british gas calling me to do there local work at silly amounts of money as they cant stick to there promise and fit everyone in who pay the cover. I have also seen over the last few weeks people with other companies and covers and they all end up waiting ages i think your better off saving a set fee each week yourself and putting it to one side then if any repairs come in you got a little bit aside just for that reason. On the plus side if you never have any trouble and your heating works all year round you will have a good amount of money aside to dip into for a good quality boiler service.

Thanks for the advice JB, but I've tried that route before and, some years ago, unfortunately the heating broke down and its repair cost far more than I had saved. I therefore thought repair insurance the better way to go and, with different companies, have had no problems whatsoever. I think I've just been extremely unlucky with this company, whose communications are appalling and their service worse. As I said, once this mess is over, I'll definitely be cancelling my contract with them. They really should realise that a happy customer is the best advert of all.

Can I just recommend Steve who has done a few bits of work for us now (including today) and is reliable and fair minded and does an excellent job

Darren and Louise

Unfortunately customers take out cover and find the service is not as immediate as they would hope. I recently visited a new boiler fitted by a major installer, the boiler was 6 weeks old, under warranty and the customer had 3 star cover YET the company told the lady it would be 2/3 days before they could get out. It really is pretty poor. You could post your area and a local engineer may be able to fit you in. Alternatively try 'oneheating' (http://www.oneheating.co.uk), a local company that offers heating cover at a fraction of the cost of the major companies...and totally reliable. Good luck, Steve