The Boiler/heating Megathread- all boiler & heating queries in here please

Happy New Year! Corgigasman, Micky and Jon, thank you very much for your reply and offers to come and check our boiler. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, as we have been without internet for a few days. I've come across this thread, looks like the problem we have with our baxi. Could any of you come and have a look at our boiler in the next couple of days? Thanks, Jo

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/5875-baxi-solo-2-50-pf-ignition-problems.html

Happy New Year! Corgigasman, Micky and Jon, thank you very much for your reply and offers to come and check our boiler. Sorry I couldn't reply earlier, as we have been without internet for a few days. I've come across this thread, looks like the problem we have with our baxi. Could any of you come and have a look at our boiler in the next couple of days? Thanks, Jo

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/5875-baxi-solo-2-50-pf-ignition-problems.html

Could pop over next couple of days if you like, cheers, Steve

I have a problem with my boiler. It is a Trianco type. Often the pilot light goes out. It restarts easily each time. I have changed the thermocople but the pilot light still goes off, after the boiler has been on.

I had a gas fitter to see it but he couldn't work out whats wrong. He say's it may be a loose contact but the bit of the boiler where this is, is sealed.

Occasionally now, when the pilot IS on the boiler doesn't start. If I give the boiler a bang the fan noise changes and the boiler then comes on!

Any idea on what I can do, or do I just have to bite the bullet and get a new boiler?

blocked flu?? When it snowed our flu got blocked and kept knocking the pilot light out, but ours is a bitch to light, started to get annoying.

blocked flu?? When it snowed our flu got blocked and kept knocking the pilot light out, but ours is a bitch to light, started to get annoying.

No, the problem started well befor the snowy weather came.

You will probably need a corgi certified plumber out to figure out the problem.

You will probably need a corgi certified plumber out to figure out the problem.

I've had one, as stated in op.

Check all connections to the fan assembly especially Earth.

Make sure fan is running freely.

Check ignition Earth.

Which model Trianco is it?

Check all connections to the fan assembly especially Earth.

Make sure fan is running freely.

Check ignition Earth.

Which model Trianco is it?

Hi, the Gas man said it was a 'high water content' boiler.

The only other info I have on it is what it say's on it,

W.M.65/80F

G.C. No 41.898.34

we can do tommorow if you ring me I can try to do a rough diagnosis on the ohone then collect parts on the way can even do tommorow evening if that suit you