Any idea which is the best council estate in Sheffield?

Fraser estate at Woodseats isn't bad. Leafy area, good amenities and close to town. I walk through that estate day and night and have never had any problems or seen evidence of any serious problems. We know people with good jobs who have bought houses on there and they're very happy living there.

The Badger? The police round here always mention the Badger with a certain 'tone' :suspect:

If you're thinking of Woodhouse, avoid the badger and the severnside estates, though the Stradbroke estate has a relatively good reputation

Shiregreen`s the best estate in sheffield. Hardly any crime, no chavs what so ever and all the people who live on it are really pleasent. I live on it so i`m speaking with experience :P

High green must have changed in the 4 years since i was their. It was awful, full of chavs and crime was terribly high

Wisewood is supposed to be nice.

Wisewood is nice if you get the estate on Hallowmoor, it's also a stones throw from Bradfield.

I'd love her to live in Dore/Totley but really doubt she'll get in there.

Where about's is Beighton and is High Green over Woodseats way?

I currently live in Woodseats so would like her to live somewhere over that side of town. However, not fussy if she can get somewhere nice.

perhaps you are thinking of green hill, yes, pretty good and quiet though parts of neigbouring low edges have reputation for being in the star!

upper hackenthorpe, bet more than 50 % is now private and much of council are original mature residents from new. good transport tram and 41/120 bus war! so cheap fare deals. crystal peaks offers virtually every shop now retail park has argos etc we never go to town.

also well built brick houses, good size gardens mostly quiet narrow roads and cul de sacs.

I don't want to be a damp squib, but its very unlikely that your mum will be able to select her area so specifically.

She will have to bid like the rest of people waiting for accommodation and its tough going. Is she going to be on her own or with a family? If she's looking for single person accommodation again its very unlikely she will get a house either. :|

Base Green is by far the best. It is a very up and coming area with most houses bought through Right to Buy.

i agree with gibbo, bin on basegreen all me life, very quiet, also 2 min from the derbyshire border

Hi

You or your mum should try looking on the Council's 'Property Shop' website.

It will tell you how to make bids for properties in the areas you want and also what properties are available. The list of properties is updated every Wednesday. Your mum should also be able to find out what she can bid for in terms of property size but I am sure she will already have a fair idea of what she can get anyway.

In terms of areas, I think Wisewood is nice and also Greenhill looks ok. I think Gleadless can be a bit dodgy in parts.

Anyway, I hope your mum finds somewhere suitable soon!!

Good luck :)

If you're thinking of Woodhouse, avoid the badger and the severnside estates, though the Stradbroke estate has a relatively good reputation

Yeah, Stradbroke and Richmond are ok areas. Though TBH most of the council houses in the good areas have been bought up now, I image very few people still rent their council house in Dore.

The Wellgreen Estate at Stannington is the best small estate in Sheffield,and is actually in the old village of Stannington, not just the Stannington area.

Next to stunning countryside and farms, but only 12 mins from Broomhill or Hillsboro.The scumbags have gradually been evicted and the area is on roll.Be a bit wary lower than the Sportsman Pub though !