Looking for musicians...

I might be able to help out with a venue but am not sure if the acoustics will be any good...

Also, will we have sheet music? I am absolute tosh at making music off the top of my head (or at my fingertips should I say) I tried a jazz class once but I simply couldn't do it but if I've got something to read I'm ok lol

I'm pretty much the bang opposite! unless I've 5 hours spare to read it through first! :D

I'm pretty much the bang opposite! unless I've 5 hours spare to read it through first! :D

Are you a guitar player? I find most guitar players find it much easier to just bang it out.

Trouble is the viola is very much a group instrument and doesn't sound too good on it's own so I only ever play sheet music lol

edit: sorry, don't get me wrong, it makes a beautiful sound but better in a group as it's normally an undertone!

I'm sure we'd work out the details once we see who turns up and what everyone's into! If we end up writing any songs it might be best if we write down the chord sequence and let whoever needs to take that home and do what they need to on paper for the next session. I read sheet music well enough to trade ideas and notate things if need be though.

I can play chords and stuff and am just starting to get into tab. I used to play solo cornet so sheet isnt a problem for me. Good news on the venue front and accoustics shouldnt be a problem in the beginning. This is starting to look like a go-er.

We might get in the Guinness book of records for the UK's largest band!

Any luck with a venue Lotti?

"Trouble is the viola is very much a group instrument and doesn't sound too good on it's own so I only ever play sheet music lol"

Didn't John Cale play viola in the Velvet Underground?

This sounds groovy, I'm a Sax player i'm up for jamming must admit i'm strongest with the dots infront of me also but a chord sequence is often just as useful.

On another note, pardon the horrid pun, I'm wanting to get together a madness tribute band...looking for most parts still :)

Count me in, I play accoustic and electric guitars. Self taught can't read music well can read tab (but slowly as i am left handed!) Got access to loads of gear as my last band has split.

Great, looks like we have the people! Now we just need a place - considering our legionesque proportions, maybe hiring out a practice room and splitting the cost would be the best course of action?

If we can find a time to suit everyone I can book attic studios, who have suitably large rooms (10 minutes walk from town).

Thursday nights are favourite for me, but I could also do weekends.

Count me in. I live near Crystal Peaks so getting somethiing out here may prove a bit prohibitive for others but I have transport and so will travel. Glad to know things are moving on :thumbsup:

Forgot to say, most any night is ok with me.