Sign in to follow this  

HELP!! RE: Aquarium.

My mums got a fish tank, its not very big probably about the size of a 30" Telly. There's an undergravel filter type thing what emits bubbles from the top of a long pipe near the surface of the water. There is also a normal filter/pump that sits on the top of the tank.

The tank is starting to fill up with small bubbles on the surface, its taking up about 3/4 of the surface currently. There is also a blue tetra on the top, not really doing a lot looking quite poorly.

I've never really dealt with fish before, what should i do? :confused:

is it a tropical or cold water set up?

does she ever do a water change on the tank?

How many fish are there in the tank and how big are they?

Does she ever clean the gravel or the filter?

What sort of filter is on the top can you describe it?

Have you any Gouramis or Siamese Fighting fish in your tank?Because thats what they do if they are breeding !

Its alright, i managed to get hold of my mum (she wasnt answering cause she had her ipod on, and didnt hear her ringtone blasting out - i bet the bus loved her)

She says she has put something in the water to try and help the fish, and is aware of the bubbles and says its ok.

Cheers anyway all!

Its alright, i managed to get hold of my mum (she wasnt answering cause she had her ipod on, and didnt hear her ringtone blasting out - i bet the bus loved her)

She says she has put something in the water to try and help the fish, and is aware of the bubbles and says its ok.

Cheers anyway all!

Well. that's the fish sorted out!

Now, about your iPod wearing-Mum on the bus......:hihi:

Well. that's the fish sorted out!

Now, about your iPod wearing-Mum on the bus......:hihi:

:D

Her ringtone is Town Called Malice, quite loud.

I'd have loved it, but i can imagine there will have been some people not too happy.

I cant understand why nobody tapped her on the shoulder and told her that her phone was ringing? I would have..