Sign in to follow this  

I really really want a pet but not sure what to get

I know you said no reptiles but what about acouple of terrapins? They arent time consuming and great pets providing you take care of them properly. PM me if you want any info

It appears that you are rejecting every suggestion on here.So here is my eco-friendly,self supporting suggestion.

A python (or similar), a pair of rabbits and a packet of carrot seed.

2 neutered house Rabbits of a small breed might be nice , pets for you and company for each other :D

Ok, so really you guys want a dog (and I can't say I blame you)

Why don't you contact the breeders of a breed you think will suit you, and put your names down for a re-home? This way you get an adult dog who has been trained, but comes from a certain background (usually being re-homed due to changes in family circumstances, not the dog's fault), then contact a service like Waggy Tails (see ad in pet forum), for daily walking services?

Ok, so really you guys want a dog (and I can't say I blame you)

...then contact a service like Waggy Tails (see ad in pet forum), for daily walking services?

They are out of the house very long hours... perhaps, if a paying for a pet-sitter is not financially viable, this might be of interest?

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=103792

Ok,

I haven't read this whole thread but please don't be misguided, animals are not alternatives to children. They are animals and shouldn't be an alternative for anything, they should be pets because you want a pet not because you don't want children yet.

Remember dogs and cats live a long time and what happens if you decide you want kids in the pet's lifetime?

As for cats on the garden, there is no better deterrent than a cat!! Even a dog is not as good as a cat! Our two won't let other cats into the garden. Our rabbits wouldn't either.

It sounds to me like you really want a rabbit (notice - one 't') there is someone on here who's got two pregnant does perhaps you could put your name on the list for a kitten and have a house bunny?

If you have the time to litter train it to begin with, house bunnies are clean, cuddly and friendly and with enough toys to keep it amused it won't mind you being out all day as long as it gets cuddles when you get home.