Any ex Firth Park School lads n lassies out there?

curent wife is fine have no need for any others have know her long enough, Had somenone approach me at work tonight New comedy club Last laugh at the roundhouse who asked if i had been at firth park school and left in 1979 I said yes why were you and he said yep sure did he remembered me but went without giving me his name and he was a bit tipsy. and I was busy .

Nice to be noticed though and I am sucha shy wallflower typpe of guy

Originally posted by fox20thc

I left Firth Park in 1985. anyone remember Mr Barr? He was head of Wisewood Comp until last september.

Ahh the memories of torturing him when he began teaching us having just qualified.

Does Fox remember SheShe:) :)

Originally posted by SheShe

Does Fox remember SheShe:) :)

Yes she does! :help:

i left firth park in 1995 and for the guy who asked i remember Dr hartley i do miss the school and is there anbody there who went to the two sleepins between 1991 and 1995 we went up the old tower stairs and up to the top corridor at midnight with only torch light i needed spare pants on both nights really scary but also very funny especially the one person who i hid under one of the old science tables with and lets just say had some innocent fun with.

Hi

I have just come across this thread as I am a relative newbie to the forum.........

I left Firth Park School in 1975 at the end of the fourth year............didnt want to stay on.wanted to earn some money!

I remember Mr Brunt.........i think it is safe to say he wasnt my favourite teacher (!).........but does anyone remember 'Spike' Johnson the history teacher.........he was great ........used to tell us all about the ghost of the brushes building.something about the butler murdering someone , or was it that he was murdered by someone?.........it was something to do with the maid anyway , i think.lol

A very happy 2006 to everyone!:partyhat:

Spike, now that name brings back memories, He was the nicest teacher ever, everyone from that era must remember spike. I remember the very first time he taught me, he caught me talking in class, picked up a slipper and took me into the next room, he then started to hit the table with it, of course all the other kids in the classroom thought he'd given me a good slippering. Everyone who was taught by spike knows he was totally incapable of any form of punishment. A dear old man who sadly is no longer with us. I left firth park in 1974, and regretably left Sheffield in 1996.

I was there in 1982, does anyone remember the variety shows we had at the end of the school year I think? Does anyone remember the cool standby teacher we had for music , Mr Weeta, he had bright red hair and came on a motorbike! And he had the biggest muscles ever! As for the variety show I'll put my hands up to singing a couple of breakdancing songs with a mate of mine , (hangs head in shame) the year we sang a guy from another year did his own version of sweet transvestite, it was excellent , the teachers in total shock.

love PW XX

Just a thought, I left in 1974, anyone remember going to firth park at lunchtime and popping into malinkis cafe (Marti canes cafe). we also used to go to the bakers, buy an uncut loaf, dig out the bread from the middle, then have the loaf filled up with chips at the chippy. Ah, happy memories.

caramac, my hubby left in 78 and remembers doing that with the chips and uncut loaf,think he would still do it to this day if i let him,lol

Funny that cos I tried it again a few weeks back and its still as good as it was in the 70s

Was it Mr renshaw

I left in 1984 after 2 yrs in 6th form

was it mr tingle by any chance.:thumbsup:

hey all u Firth Park peeps does any one remember my dad Mr Linacre- he was the woodwork teacher- left in 1996 i think?????? :) he has his own building business now.