Any ex Firth Park School lads n lassies out there?

Hi blues1

Kind words

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 19:06 ----------

Wow keith! I have searched for you on facebook before.Out of all the many friends I had when I was younger, you was 1 of the best.A (proper pal) I have such fond memories of the times we shared together and often think back to those special days and snigger.What thieves we were lol.I told a couple of tales about how we got caned together on facebook brushes north group and asked if anybody knew of your whereabouts.I heard that you had broke Barbara Nolans heart and how you had brought a real fit bird to brag off in the Penguin from the Netherlands.Of course Ialready knew that because I was there that night,her name was yoke spelled joke I believe and that was the last time I ever saw you. keep in touch x

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 14:50 ----------

Got a few oldtime friends on f b glyn rhodes and teapot to name a couple remember when he nearly got his tit shot off with soggy tissue in your house.The pop factory was a good earner for the soda syphons especialy the gold ones. What about that day when i had just burnt that yammy fs1e off and the kid punched me in the side of the helmet,You put your ap50 on stand(MOST ENJOYABLE BIKE EVER) and thundered swinging blows from all angles so that he blindly shot his clutch out straight into the path of an oncoming bus and nearly got himself killed lol.Him and his 2 mates looked down from their safe haven on the top of the hill and decided naaaah we dont want anymore of that.You was a force to be reckoned with that day and I have ****** myself laughing about it many times.You was my heroe that day Bernie "Top Marks"

Hi Pete (blues1)

Nice to see you’re alive and well.

I have seen that you have a lot more threads on the forum, when I get time I will read them to see what you have been up to. Don’t tell the readers all of our escapades; we don’t want them to think we were anything but model firth park pupils, ha-ha

Like the rest of the people I could probably sit here all day reminiscing over our school days, as you can see from my posts I don’t add to it very often but enjoy seeing all the names go by of people we grew up with.

It’s a shame to see that brushes has gone, all the pubs around shiregreen have disappeared. Where does everybody go for a drink?

Where is teapot living now? I hope he has forgiven us for shooting him, if you can remember he got shot at school also, don’t quite remember who brought the air pistol to school but can remember he was relieved he didn’t get grassed on.

Your right we did have some fantastic times at Firth Park and after on the bikes, in the summer I still ride around on a bike here

What have you been up to for the last thirty years, married, kids etc?

I will take a look on fb via someone’s account, maybe that’s the best way to get in touch

Hi blues1

Kind words

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 19:06 ----------

Hi Pete (blues1)

Nice to see you’re alive and well.

I have seen that you have a lot more threads on the forum, when I get time I will read them to see what you have been up to. Don’t tell the readers all of our escapades; we don’t want them to think we were anything but model firth park pupils, ha-ha

Like the rest of the people I could probably sit here all day reminiscing over our school days, as you can see from my posts I don’t add to it very often but enjoy seeing all the names go by of people we grew up with.

It’s a shame to see that brushes has gone, all the pubs around shiregreen have disappeared. Where does everybody go for a drink?

Where is teapot living now? I hope he has forgiven us for shooting him, if you can remember he got shot at school also, don’t quite remember who brought the air pistol to school but can remember he was relieved he didn’t get grassed on.

Your right we did have some fantastic times at Firth Park and after on the bikes, in the summer I still ride around on a bike here

What have you been up to for the last thirty years, married, kids etc?

I will take a look on fb via someone’s account, maybe that’s the best way to get in touch

Hi Burny my old friend,I have 3 boys 31yrs 21yrs and 5yrs and have never been married.Ive been in 3 long time relationships with each of the boys mothers and <Removed> in between lol.I never lost a single race on the ap50 and now realise it was because I was so skinny and light which gave me the advantage.They even offered me a job as an apprentice jockey at the carreers office when I left school.Bet you dont remember but I shot you with an air pistol up Rivelin 1 day messing about.Heres a few more memories of mine, you nearly running someone over on pedestrian crossing at the Wicker.Another time we were coming back from enrolling at colledge (I think)and I was on the back of your Yammy 250 when you took the bend too fast on Herries Rd and the back end driffted a couple of ft.I **** myself you fool.Treaton Dyke,I was very dissapointed at not having a ski on the disc but driving your dads boat ONCE WE WERE OUT OF SIGHT made up for it ( send for Motor Mouse).Big hard Keith crying his eyes out at school because you had severe cold in your gums through sucking too many ice pops. Yes fb is a good place to catch up with old friends that you never thought you would hear from again.I lost touch with my sister for 30 yrs untill her son tracked me down on fb and she came and stayed with us for a wk last summer and now I am in regular touch with her.I wouldnt recognise teapot from his photo but like me Mark Goddard hasnt changed that much.How did you fair in the old looks department.I bet you married that hot girl you brought to show off at the Penguin. speak to you soon x

---------- Post added 08-03-2013 at 14:45 ----------

Hi Burny my old friend,I have 3 boys 31yrs 21yrs and 5yrs and have never been married.Ive been in 3 long time relationships with each of the boys mothers and have had <removed> in between lol.I never lost a single race on the ap50 and now realise it was because I was so skinny and light which gave me the advantage.They even offered me a job as an apprentice jockey at the carreers office when I left school.Bet you dont remember but I shot you with an air pistol up Rivelin 1 day messing about.Heres a few more memories of mine, you nearly running someone over on pedestrian crossing at the Wicker.Another time we were coming back from enrolling at colledge (I think)and I was on the back of your Yammy 250 when you took the bend too fast on Herries Rd and the back end driffted a couple of ft.I **** myself you fool.Treaton Dyke,I was very dissapointed at not having a ski on the disc but driving your dads boat ONCE WE WERE OUT OF SIGHT made up for it ( send for Motor Mouse).Big hard Keith crying his eyes out at school because you had severe cold in your gums through sucking too many ice pops. Yes fb is a good place to catch up with old friends that you never thought you would hear from again.I lost touch with my sister for 30 yrs untill her son tracked me down on fb and she came and stayed with us for a wk last summer and now I am in regular touch with her.I wouldnt recognise teapot from his photo but like me Mark Goddard hasnt changed that much.How did you fair in the old looks department.I bet you married that hot girl you brought to show off at the Penguin. speak to you soon x
ps I sold you my beloved ap50 for 20 quid I think,hope you looked after it and restored it to its former glory. I had a suzi 250 after that and then a 400 super dream (dont laugh)it was very reliable. Edited by PeteMorris
Hardly family friendly..Show a little decorum please

Hi Pete, I have sent an email via this site, did you receive it?. If not try sending me something via email or the private mail.

Hi Pete, I have sent an email via this site, did you receive it?. If not try sending me something via email or the private mail.

no keith i didnt get it to send someone a private message on here you have to have posted 5 times which i believe you havnt

Failed 11+ and went to Hatfield House Lane which as we all know merged with Firth Park. Like many have said on here I went to the North building for the first few years then Brushes for the latter all in all was there from 1967-1972. Who do I remember? Quite a few as follows:

BOYS

John Senior,Joe Johnson,David Hickey,Graham Senior,Paul Scarratt,Mick(Simmo)Simmonite,Ian Cotterill,Phil Neville, Ian Hayes,Ian Rollinson,Dave Mallaband,John(Mash)Marshall R.I.P..Danny Elmer,Martin Lambert,Paul(Oscar)Alderson, David(Stag)Steer,John Barnes,Dennis Slater,Mick Oxley,Jimmy Godfrey

GIRLS

Beverly Senior,Kathryn Cawthorne,Sue Robinson,Carol Lockwood,Valerie Cox,Linda Hickey,Linda Nolan,Marylyn Frost,Karen Richardson,Jean Holland,Maureen Baxter,June Goddard,Diane Butterfield

TEACHERS

Tom Lockwood, Revitt,Goldthorpe,Jack White,Pete Adams,Jennings,Bradbury,Mrs Bugg,Copley,Dan Jessop,Jackson,Pop Senior,Sherwood,Staines and of course Spike Johnson who once took a bunch of us to Birmingham one Saturday to see The Owls play City and he did not even go to the match himself.Thas the measure of the man he was.

I emigrated to Canada thirty years ago but still keep in touch with John Senior and Kathryn Cawthorne(who are married),Ian Hayes and Carol Lockwood. We all get together when I come home for visits. I'm sure more names will come to me and will add to the list later

Well I remember most of the names listed here including my own, we were all in the same year that stated there in 1967. So putting my Sherlock Holmes head on I'm going to have a go at your identity and say that you my friend are Mick Jeffries.

I went to the legendary Firth Park Comp and Brushes, 1980 - 1985 time will never change my thoughts and memories of the most magical time in my life

I was also attatched with Michelle knapton for quite a while at school,heard that she died due to alcoholism,again,very sad,kinda made my heart sink on hearing it,just as it did with Steve.I met her in the gate one night,inbetween marriages,she was pretty sozzled,n we snogged for old times sake.

Not Brian Knapton's sister, lived on Kinnaird Road. She use to be a good mate of mine years back, Im so shocked to hear that. RIP Michelle.

Not Brian Knapton's sister, lived on Kinnaird Road. She use to be a good mate of mine years back, Im so shocked to hear that. RIP Michelle.

Yes unfortunately,i was shocked too.I remember her extremley well,i can see her as though it was yesterday.

She was one of lifes little jewels at school and great fun,we had simular attitudes,we were very close during our school years,i got along with her so easily,but we lost touch untill my very early twenties.

As you say VERY sad.

Well I remember most of the names listed here including my own, we were all in the same year that stated there in 1967. So putting my Sherlock Holmes head on I'm going to have a go at your identity and say that you my friend are Mick Jeffries.

Well done Sherlock, but your user name gives nothing away. Sent you a PM

Yes unfortunately,i was shocked too.I remember her extremley well,i can see her as though it was yesterday.

She was one of lifes little jewels at school and great fun,we had simular attitudes,we were very close during our school years,i got along with her so easily,but we lost touch untill my very early twenties.

As you say VERY sad.

I knew Michelle too and had the privelidge of snogging her.So sad that so many of my old friends have had their lives cut short by the demon drink.