Any ex Firth Park School lads n lassies out there?

http://www.facebook.com/groups/TheBrushes/ The Brushes and North Building Firth Park School, we now have nearly 600 members with over 200 pictures and 100's of topics which people post on all the time. Please feel free to join.

thought you might remember jj lol, avnt seen her since i left fp. sorry i dont remember dawn, do you know what become of hancock?

Chris hancock,no never heard of him after leaving school,had some good laughs with him during school days,scrounging fags :) among other things....

I went to firthpark school left in 1999 no any 1 steven unwin ricky shipley darren room darren lilly

Chris hancock,no never heard of him after leaving school,had some good laughs with him during school days,scrounging fags :) among other things....

i know Chris Hancock used to live on oval or horninglow

in late 40's now

last time i saw him lived in bungalows opp pheasant inn pub at lane top

know his cousin mick Johnson as well

I went to firthpark school left in 1999 no any 1 steven unwin ricky shipley darren room darren lilly

Ricky Shipley. Is he from a large family of boys. Lived on Masters somewhere? Dad called Bob, Mum Barbara?

Ricky Shipley. Is he from a large family of boys. Lived on Masters somewhere? Dad called Bob, Mum Barbara?

yes lol thats him

Failed 11+ and went to Hatfield House Lane which as we all know merged with Firth Park. Like many have said on here I went to the North building for the first few years then Brushes for the latter all in all was there from 1967-1972. Who do I remember? Quite a few as follows:

BOYS

John Senior,Joe Johnson,David Hickey,Graham Senior,Paul Scarratt,Mick(Simmo)Simmonite,Ian Cotterill,Phil Neville, Ian Hayes,Ian Rollinson,Dave Mallaband,John(Mash)Marshall R.I.P..Danny Elmer,Martin Lambert,Paul(Oscar)Alderson, David(Stag)Steer,John Barnes,Dennis Slater,Mick Oxley,Jimmy Godfrey

GIRLS

Beverly Senior,Kathryn Cawthorne,Sue Robinson,Carol Lockwood,Valerie Cox,Linda Hickey,Linda Nolan,Marylyn Frost,Karen Richardson,Jean Holland,Maureen Baxter,June Goddard,Diane Butterfield

TEACHERS

Tom Lockwood, Revitt,Goldthorpe,Jack White,Pete Adams,Jennings,Bradbury,Mrs Bugg,Copley,Dan Jessop,Jackson,Pop Senior,Sherwood,Staines and of course Spike Johnson who once took a bunch of us to Birmingham one Saturday to see The Owls play City and he did not even go to the match himself.Thas the measure of the man he was.

I emigrated to Canada thirty years ago but still keep in touch with John Senior and Kathryn Cawthorne(who are married),Ian Hayes and Carol Lockwood. We all get together when I come home for visits. I'm sure more names will come to me and will add to the list later

Edited by mickjj

me too...firs hill.......lol..we all grew up together.......peter is still living in the heeley area......

pete crapper lives on stubbin lane not far from brushes hes a good friend:love:

---------- Post added 02-03-2013 at 22:33 ----------

Iv no idea what teapots real name was,he was always known as that,although i used to know his name,like ya say,its many years ago.Steve Cardwell meets up with mick sweeting,paul bradford and one or 2 other occasionally.ROGER quail thats right,i can remember nicknames,but first nmaes escape me,i was mates with tim?cooper too,he lived behind the cinema at lane top,and Siddy,kevin siddall,he lived at the corner house on lane top opposite the boozer,always went to his for a fag!

I used to chase after jayne rhodes and her mate judy powell,once took jane to the gaumont to watch some film,me n her brother never got on,i know hes involved in boxing with darren wright from FP schools old days.

angela grant once broke someones nose in class,blood allover the cieling,she was pretty fearsome,think it was Glynn riches.

And Wilfred bailey,wazzi,i remember was found guilty of pimping!!I met gerald saunders years after school in a blues club,i remember him and alf solomon used to try and race me at school but were never quicker,i was a very quick 100m runner and once got clocked at 10 seconds dead at another school.

Yeah soggy snape,think me n john sat behind her and andrea just about every lesson.

Two others i was good mates with were pete and andy smith,used to nip down the bowling alley at lunch times with a hollowed out loaf,full of chips,with gibby and stevie chapman.Pete smith almost had my 2nd wife before me,crying shame i didnt let him:hihi:she turned out to be a rite cow.

Yeah iv been around quite a bit,lived a chequered life:rolleyes:,just had my 5th child.

Teapot was martin parkinson who left in 1976 and can be found on fb brushes north group which has realy took off

---------- Post added 02-03-2013 at 22:48 ----------

I went out with Gill Bailey for a while,i remember the name Anne lawson,but cant picture her,funny i remember faces but not the names,but cant picture hers!

I had a thing for Lorraine foster,proper foxy lass back then,and Susan Panting.

There was a girl from year above Heather Nicholson,john had a thing for her(me n him obviously had very simular tastes!) i used to swoon allover her,she lived up near the tollbar boozer.

I also went out with Sandra south for a few months,36dds;)quite a girl :hihi:.

Do you remember David Horton (hatter) tall kid,i met him in castle market after school,he was working in the meat market,nice kid,blades fan.

I also went out with a lass called Wendy Wilkins,funny as i must have been one of the very few white guys she ever dated,and it caused a stir,a lad,Bevan Walcott from earl marshall school,told me that dating her would be very bad for my health,with about 10 of his mates LOL!!

Julie French was quite tasty as well :)

Good memories :)

lol Anne Lawson, I had a cheap ring from the market and had her name engraved on it and gave it to her at youth club on bell house road as a love token but she knocked me back.Faired a lot better with Mandy Green and Susan (fatty) May allthough my mate peter crapper passed her on to Donkey Man

---------- Post added 02-03-2013 at 23:01 ----------

hi blues1, did you not leave in 77 and not as you say in 76, have a dog called scooby and ride a suzuki ap50?

Too damn right I did and I love to catch up with my old pals who are you? Its surprising you can remember my dogs name as I didnt have it for that long

Hi blues1

We started at the north building in the same class (2T2) and went all through school together,we left in 77

I left Sheffield over thirty years ago but still come over for a few weeks a year to visit what is left of the family.

I also had the same moped, then a yam 250 and before i left a GS750.

I am sure that if you have a good think about it you will know who i am, the things you mentioned were enough for me to figure out who you are.

If you want to get in touch look for the name in Oud Gastel. The Netherlands

Hi blues1

We started at the north building in the same class (2T2) and went all through school together,we left in 77

I left Sheffield over thirty years ago but still come over for a few weeks a year to visit what is left of the family.

I also had the same moped, then a yam 250 and before i left a GS750.

I am sure that if you have a good think about it you will know who i am, the things you mentioned were enough for me to figure out who you are.

If you want to get in touch look for the name in Oud Gastel. The Netherlands

Wow keith! I have searched for you on facebook before.Out of all the many friends I had when I was younger, you was 1 of the best.A (proper pal) I have such fond memories of the times we shared together and often think back to those special days and snigger.What thieves we were lol.I told a couple of tales about how we got caned together on facebook brushes north group and asked if anybody knew of your whereabouts.I heard that you had broke Barbara Nolans heart and how you had brought a real fit bird to brag off in the Penguin from the Netherlands.Of course Ialready knew that because I was there that night,her name was yoke spelled joke I believe and that was the last time I ever saw you. keep in touch x

---------- Post added 04-03-2013 at 14:50 ----------

Wow keith! I have searched for you on facebook before.Out of all the many friends I had when I was younger, you was 1 of the best.A (proper pal) I have such fond memories of the times we shared together and often think back to those special days and snigger.What thieves we were lol.I told a couple of tales about how we got caned together on facebook brushes north group and asked if anybody knew of your whereabouts.I heard that you had broke Barbara Nolans heart and how you had brought a real fit bird to brag off in the Penguin from the Netherlands.Of course Ialready knew that because I was there that night,her name was yoke spelled joke I believe and that was the last time I ever saw you. keep in touch x

Got a few oldtime friends on f b glyn rhodes and teapot to name a couple remember when he nearly got his tit shot off with soggy tissue in your house.The pop factory was a good earner for the soda syphons especialy the gold ones. What about that day when i had just burnt that yammy fs1e off and the kid punched me in the side of the helmet,You put your ap50 on stand(MOST ENJOYABLE BIKE EVER) and thundered swinging blows from all angles so that he blindly shot his clutch out straight into the path of an oncoming bus and nearly got himself killed lol.Him and his 2 mates looked down from their safe haven on the top of the hill and decided naaaah we dont want anymore of that.You was a force to be reckoned with that day and I have ****** myself laughing about it many times.You was my heroe that day Bernie "Top Marks"