Any ex Firth Park School lads n lassies out there?

I was told they lived in the top of the building. I don't really know as I didn't go to Firth Park School. But then most buildings in Sheffield are meant to be haunted!! My old school Firs Hill Junior was supposed that have had a ghost that lived in the cellar!

:thumbsup: First day at Firth Park School we was told about the ghost i left in 1982 and i'm still looking for ghosts :D

*Hums Ghostbusters tune* :D

Sorry, bit of a skeptic where that kind of thing's concerned, I don't believe either way whether there is or isn't such thing as ghosts till I see proof either way.

And no, I don't mean daft kids with white sheets over their head in late October :lol:

I went to Firth Park School in the 70s and definitely remember being told about the ghost, as far as I remember she was supposed to haunt the tower and the classroom below it. I can't say I ever saw her but I did have a lesson in that classroom once and remember it being very cold and that was in the middle of the hot summer of 76. Having said that I have been known to be sensitive to that type of thing before in fact I nearly passed out in Braemar Castle in Scotland in a room that is reputed very haunted.

Can't say I go looking for them like you do Jon. So I am keeping an open mind on it.

I remember him, quite pleasant. But he insisted in our 'social economics' classes I'd change my mind about wanting kids when I was older. WRONG Mr.Bar! Still happy without them, now 32yrs old not going to change my mind.

Mr Barr? Was he the German teacher? No sorry, that was Mr Brunt :blush:

<shiver>

Does anyone remember the crazy, eccentric, strict (but very clever) music teacher at Firth Park, surely you do. If anyone dared to yawn in class you had to hope and prey he did not catch you or you'd be oiked out to pay a pittance of singing an octave in front of the class or a blackboard rubber thrown your way or the fact you could almost have peed yourself with his loud booming voice directed at you. The days of schooling!

Can't remember what subject he actually taught, but he was very small and slim. Think he was married to another teacher. Saw Mr.Brunt recently he has mellowed alot and still looks like Barny Rubble, he rememberd me!

I went to that school, I left in 1988. I remember one of the cleaners to be scared out of hers wits when she was alone there cleaning, after school hours. She insisted that she heard the furniture(tables) being moved around in the room above her, she heard them being dragged on the floor. She went to check and found they were in the same place as she left them with the chairs up-turned on the top ready for floor cleaning. She left the building at this point.

Everyone reckoned the Ghost was in the tower (rumours), and it just so happened the door at the top of the stairway was always locked. We had dares going up those stairs to the doors!.