Any ex Firth Park School lads n lassies out there?

You didn`t have to be in the sixth form to go. I went with all my class and i definately didn`t stay on. Had a good laugh. Even emptying the chemical toilet into the hole you`ve just dug felt like an adventure

Most people will ahve seen recent news coverage that John Sherwood is retiring from his teaching post at Firth park school after 95 years or was it 32 years this september.

Previous posts on this thread asked about the remotely mad science teacher who taught physics in the tower classrtooms, he was Mr "pod" Harrison.

Mr Renshaw was also physics during my time at firth park 1974-1979 he taught at north buiding and took no crap from no body. a form tutor of mine for one year, you didnt cross him twice.

Other names that crop up inconversation, Mr adams, Mr Litheland art, Miss allcock science, Mrs Walker english mrs richardson english, mr Peet maths Mr longley european studies, mr (now Dr) Tyldsley History mr Jones french mr walker metal work mr sedelmier woodwork ? head was Dr Hartley, duputy was mr Jennings Mr Pilley geography, Mr Jackson Music, Mrs higginbottom, english/drama others slip in and out of ones mind from time to time,

My daughter is now at the school and asks me who taught us for IT. ??? Or Pshe, or dance ? I tell her about the only computers they had then were for premium bonds we never saw one.

Best memory though has to be the book exchange on the top corridor at north building and Mr Pilleys Tuck shop at the end of the middle corridor, Milk CHews lasted all morning, Dundee biscuits that were as big as a bin lids, refresher chew bars, and all them flaming woden lockers.

hi i can remember all them teahers well wen i went i can

Richard Hawley was there when I was in the early 80's. There used to be him , Paul Infanti, Lorraine Camm , Gill Graham and rob someone or other ! who all used to be in the plays . I was in Romeo and Juliet with them directed by Paul

Desgranges.

Good to see Richard doing so well for himself. I used to be mates with his sister Becky

I was friends with Becky, we was in the same class, who are you I might know you pm me if you want.

Went to North Building 1970 to 1972 then Brushes till 1974

So. So far nobody has come forward with any famous or well known Firth Park School pupils from the 1970s classes. How about some of the teachers?

We know about John Sherwood...Olympic medal winner...but are any of the others now famous or well known?

Gordon Hobson was there from 70 to 74,played pro football for Lincoln City and Southampton among other clubs

On a different note, a few of my mates have got there records from firth park with all there reports and old photos in. How long are they kept for and how would you go about getting them?

On a different note, a few of my mates have got there records from firth park with all there reports and old photos in. How long are they kept for and how would you go about getting them?

If you ring the school office and ask them for it, I think I went and got mine a few years ago. I'd ring and ask first as I seem to remember going back a few days later when they'd found them.

How far back do they go.

Im wondering if I would be allowed to recieve them on behalf of my sons father who is no longer with us. (passed away)

He attended the North Building and left around 1978.

I beleive he was at school with a relation of yours Janie m. Her name is Tracey, I have forgotten her second name.

I went to FPGS from 1960 to 1969. I remember there being a lad called Sage in our class but another class had a lad called Onions. Spike went and got Onions out of his class and brought into our class because he said he always wanted Sage and Onions together. Typical of Spike's humour.

I also remember at the end of my first year, the leaving students (5th formers?) built a very brightly coloured doll like figure called an "erg" and put it on the top of the tower. It made quite a sight and stayed there all day.

i went to Firth Park School n left in 1997, for a media studies project we covered the story on the old Brushes building. There has been many stories relating to the 'grey lady' which our group found out was a maid who killed herself from top of the tower. it belongs to the Booth family. Apparently she got pregnant by one of the family members by an affair. Its such a shame it got burnt down it held so much history n memories too!! The 'North' buildin on Fir Croft (?) has changed so much since ive lived up Shiregreen n i wouldnt recognise it now.

I went to FPGS from 1960 to 1969. I remember there being a lad called Sage in our class but another class had a lad called Onions. Spike went and got Onions out of his class and brought into our class because he said he always wanted Sage and Onions together. Typical of Spike's humour.

I also remember at the end of my first year, the leaving students (5th formers?) built a very brightly coloured doll like figure called an "erg" and put it on the top of the tower. It made quite a sight and stayed there all day.

I was there 60 to 65 and Peter Onions was in my class. Sadly he died - this is from the 1967 school mag.

"We heard with very deep regret of the death of Peter Onions (1960-66) in early April at Lodge Moor Hospital. Peter took A levels in French and Russian in 1966 and had started his career in the Attercliffe Branch of the National Provincial Bank.

Have you seen this site K?

http://www.firthparkgrammarschool.co.uk/index.htm

hi you old lads from 1960-69 my brother went to red caps name of chris evans i think he got expelled something to do with changing rooms going up in smoke anyone remember