Any ex Firth Park School lads n lassies out there?

Partner left 77 or 78. His dad went to hartley brook. Son left firth in 99 and young one there now.Didnt go there myself.

hi shetlander,my husband left there in 1978,his name is les southern

Originally posted by piper3028

Hi there. I remember Mr Barr. He was my form tutor in roughly 1989. Thought he was gorgeous. The one and only crush I had on a teacher. He left a couple of years later. I left in 1993.

I think he was my form tutor when i started in 1989 too, come to think of it i dont know now it may have been Mrs Crawley (RE teacher) Im confused :loopy:

I remember him leaving to go to High Storrs (i think??)

I saw him a few months after I left at a friends funeral

Originally posted by x_LoUiSe_x

my partner left firth park school in 1993, does anyone remember Phillip Lee? he was a bit of a tear away then, lol!

I left that year too, the name rings a bell cant put a face to him. :bigsmile:

Originally posted by JULIEBROWN1

I LEFT FIRTH PARK SCHOOL IN 1976, remember mr piley , mr jackson and mr brunt what was the old physics teacher called in the tower at the brushes the one with the funny foot

Was it Mr renshaw

I left in 1984 after 2 yrs in 6th form

Originally posted by jayjay

Was it Mr renshaw

I left in 1984 after 2 yrs in 6th form

I left in 1977, god I hated it

Originally posted by owlsman

I left that year too, the name rings a bell cant put a face to him. :bigsmile:

cool! :thumbsup:

I left Firth Park in 1983 too

I remember a horrid 3 days at the School Cottage. A run down old building with no proper loo. We were made to go on a 8 mile walk and eat too much Kendal mint cake.

I didnt get on with my physics teacher Mr Piper and to my horror he ended up being my sons form teacher in later years. So every parents evening I had to sit and chat to him....pay back for my cheeky behaviour in his lessons.

Hi ,

I was at Firth Park in the days when it was a Grammar School.

1962...to 1967.

Just tried to post a link to the school website.....but apparently I'm still a newbie....Lol.

Discovered since, someone else has posted one ( page 11..Brushes building).

I agree with the comments on the other thread.....what a great carbuncle has been stuck in it's place!

Originally posted by Darkling

Mr Brunt, Mr Pasley, Mr Critchley, Mr Dooley, Ms Ryan, Mr Webb, Miss Howdle, Mr Beeley, Mr Piper, Mr Lockwood, Mr Longley, Mr Copley, Mr Cheadle, Dr Hartley, Mr Mosforth, Mrs Standing etc etc....

i left in 2004 mr critchley is still there, mr webb left a couple of years ago, mr piper is still there as is mr mosforth and mr longley. mrs standing left a couple of years ago too.

Originally posted by bigkev

Ididnt go there I am looking for my cousins who went to firth park school it as got to be 20 years since I have seen them and I want to know if they did go there as I might be able to trace them after all this time I am hoping that they still live in or around the daffidol estate hence this is the only shot I have got to try and find them I went up there in the summer of this year to see if there house was still there and I was confronted with 2 new houses what had been built in between the old houses for the life of me I cant think what the road is called all this is above board if you go down the road what take you into the firth park shops the ones were the trams use to run there is a pub a fairly big pub just off the main road and if you walk straight up that road to the top thats where the davisons use to live.

the road with the pub on is called Beavercotes Road, the cross road at the top of that is called Windmill, and then the estate is called the flower estate as all the roads are named after flowers, i am afraid i don't know any davisions as i left firth park school in 2004.

i hope this is off some help.

P.s. the pub is called The Warncliff Hotel :)