Major Fire at Fletchers Bakery Hillsborough. Penistone Rd closed.

ive been down to niagra earlyer to pull my ride down and it is still smoking and the look north news crew were there filming

HI,

Anyone know what the outcome of the staff meeting was today that was being held at wadsley bridge working mans club?

Yes not a lot was said, thers is another meeting on wednesday when hopefully we will find out more on what is happening.

I feel sorry for the workers. wonder if they are paying them this week.

Really funny fella obviously your job & livelihood is not under threat

sorry to cause offense there, dessie. i'm sure the insurance will foot the wages bill in the short term. by all accounts, northern foods is one of the better companies in its field to work for. was it £4million insurance cover in the short term - longer term payouts/offs will affect its gross annual profit (a hit that any corporate has to forecast into its budget i' sure).

dessie, its funny how the management arrange a meeting to tell you there is another planned meet on wednesday. communication certainly seems clear and this may be a sign that they will do everything to reach a satisfactory settlement all round.

I dont think they will re-open, I bet they knock it down and someone buys the land and builds flats like which i happening everywhere!

if they dont rebuild it they should make it into another superbowl ^^ and if they do 1 years supply of donuts for all the workers :P

sorry to cause offense there, dessie. i'm sure the insurance will foot the wages bill in the short term. by all account, northern foods is one of the best.

Debatable, short term maybe but somehow dont think my mortgage company will settle for that, this is a very worrying time for all concerned, we all have mortgages to pay & familys to feed.

just been down to have a look at the extent of the damage, unfortunately, I only managed to get 2 photo's before the batteries went flat, could have swore they were the new ones!

These photo's were took about 15 minutes ago.

pic 1

pic 2

as you can see, there is still a fair bit of smoke around, though the traffic seems to being flowing ok.

its still early days, but i can't see a new bakery being opened on that site. many companies tend to place such establishments in out of town areas such as dedicated business parks - near motorway infrastructure - being paramount for the supply chain and knowing that the workforce "will" travel to work. maybe the sale of the land (if owned) will be factored into people payoffs?

Debatable, short term maybe but somehow dont think my mortgage company will settle for that, this is a very worrying time for all concerned, we all have mortgages to pay & familys to feed.

dessie, you are a skilled worker, I'm sure. its up to you now to keep your ear to the ground in respect of 'other opportunities' that are available to you, elsewhere. thats what i'd be doing if i was ever in your position. what a better time to start the hunt (seriously, no pun intended here...) 'while the iron is still hot' and other potential employers will warm to your predicament?