Major Fire at Fletchers Bakery Hillsborough. Penistone Rd closed.

the Bradfield road works have been nadvertised for weeks via signs on Holme Lane,Bradfield road and other local roads.

also in the local press including The Star and The telegraph.

Obviously the work had begun prior to the fire and too late to halt it but i imagine it would have been chaos without the fire..and too late to stop work being started anyway.

PS Lindsey how did you notice the fire at 10:30 yesterday, I live less than 1/2 a mile away and didn't here the fire engines or see the smoke until around 11am?

The fire engines went down at 10.30am & I looked out of the window - saw the smoke billowing, just could quite work out what it was until later on when I went down.

middlewood road packed solid both directions so it may be easier to try and find an alternative route or stay at home :thumbsup:

oh why oh why dont i read the forum more often?

took me an hour and a bit to get from Walkley to Gilders on Middlewood road. I was close to tears. Thank the lord for air conditioning!!

Puttin the washing out this morning, just up from Hillsborough corner, and there was lots of smoke blowing up from Fletchers at the time, although gone now.

Just been past (11:15am) and there's still quite a bit of smoke, lots of community support police and several fire engines still in attendance.

As for the building, it's a wreck. Wish I'd had my camera to get some photos to post

Simon

Biggest crowd we'll see in Hillsborough this season....,

Deejay - I have posted the video on You tube - obviously I credited you with the film :D Link is

Thanks for doing this Fox20thc. I was trying to get the OP link to work but it would not find it, This one is good to watch. i seen the other one that was put on too and i like it how they say can you smell it when they like feet away, i think rotherham could smell it never mind been like 10ft away from it lol but it was good tho.

Sheffield Rangers were holding a 5 aside down Claywheels Lanw yesterday was that effected does anyone know.

More video footage here

and

That was bloody awesome, sod the fire, I saw wordsworth Ave and the cross!

Oh god homesickness.....