Major Fire at Fletchers Bakery Hillsborough. Penistone Rd closed.

apparantly bradfield road is shut as well

why?!?!?!?!?? took me over an hour to get from PX to town

Replaccing a sewer main or something - it was announced a couple of weeks ago.

Getting from Leppings Lane out to Attercliffe took quite a while too :/

God they could have put it off considering what happened lol was a bit obvious traffic would be a pain!!!!:huh:

I live at Kimberworth in Rotherham and my other half woke me up at 10 to 4 this morning saying he could smell smoke..We jumped up and started sniffing around (as you do ) and when I opened the curtains, the smell was really strong..We had the windows open ..We then realised it must have been the Fletchers fire we could smell...I could still smell it this morning at about 8.30 when I was taking the kids to the school bus.. It's gone now though..

I'd imagine it was a lot of work to get approval for the work as it is - moving it would have proabbly been equally as difficult...

Well i live near Yewlands school when i got up this morning you could barely see the bottom of the road :rant:

God they could have put it off considering what happened lol was a bit obvious traffic would be a pain!!!!:huh:

It was started on Saturday evening so they couldn't really.. took me an extra 45 minutes to get to work this morning from Loxley, apparently Hillsborough is still pretty much at a stand still in certain places.

we actually got reasonably lucky - took middlewood road to the end, crossed the ringroad and down to west bar roundabout, and from there onto the Wicker - got me out to work (Out by Valley Centertainment) in about 40 min, about double what it usually takes but could have been worse!

Video of events here:

w w w . deejayone.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fire.wmv

Includes some footage from about 11:30 in the evening, when firefighters were tackling the building (which appears to have collapsed) further up the road - just past Travellers.

fails to work please re post when fixed.

I've just heard on the radio that there is a meeting happening right now at Wadsley Bridge WMC for the staff to attend..

It looked like a volcano had erupted on Sunday morning....crazy.

take the spaces out of the w w w . Then it will work!