Major Fire at Fletchers Bakery Hillsborough. Penistone Rd closed.

i feel sorry for those who have lost their jobs :( but well done to all the firefighters who through this heat wore their huge suits and are still trying to put it out. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I think the employees will be on a full wage until things are sorted ie. re-location or I suppose. redundancy.

My photos taken form around the area can be found here

Smoke was very thick around Parson Cross from about 10:45 pm

:o

Great Pics scutts... like the one of Knutton Crescent.....

maybe we are neighbours......;)

From Greystones it looked like a thundercloud at first, I then realised it was smoke from a fire .... thought the weather forecasters had got it wrong again!

Video of events here:

w w w . deejayone.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fire.wmv

Includes some footage from about 11:30 in the evening, when firefighters were tackling the building (which appears to have collapsed) further up the road - just past Travellers.

well my fella has family whoworks there so weshud find out soon wats really gonna happen to the staff i have the felling they will offer retirement or redundancy then those who are left to relocate,,,

i have heard two different stories about wats happened one is, one of machines jammed set on fire ( and believe me its happened b4 fires at fletchers can b a regular occurance) the staff knew they couldnt controll it so evacuted which set the coolers alite after a while,, and the other story is that the coolers gave off a warning signal they couldnt stop it and the same thing over,, either way lots of staff in fact whole families are now wondering how bills will be paid sum of my blokes family have worked there since school and no nothing else!!

so anyway im sure like many that we are all glad that no one got hurt if u have been looking at the picture or have even been down its a miracle anyone got out at all! it cud have been so much worse!

I've also uploaded a video taken from Halifax Road at 12:00 yesterday.

You can view it here

:sad:

ive kept my son off school today after ringing them up.They were concerned about whether to open or not and were waiting for more info from the fire services before making the decision to close(although this may have changed since i spoke to them at 8.15) He goes to foxhill school.

I know i may be overreacting,but the school is less than a mile away from fletchers,and with this heat as well...... :gag: :gag: :gag:

A view from our back Garden at around 1:30 PM.

Do not view if you are of a nervous disposition HERE

middlewood road packed solid both directions so it may be easier to try and find an alternative route or stay at home :thumbsup:

apparantly bradfield road is shut as well

why?!?!?!?!?? took me over an hour to get from PX to town

This is the view from the Malin Bridge end of Hillsborough, for what it's worth.

Can't smell any toast though!

Is this taken from your house? I just live round the corner from you! Small world!!