Major Fire at Fletchers Bakery Hillsborough. Penistone Rd closed.

The road is still closed, a fair amount of smoke still but nothing like earlier in the day.

Anyone put fletchers bread and doughnuts on ebay yet??;)

There now seems to be 2 fires completely seperate to one another. The main part is still smoking pretty badly only now its white, and next to it which seems to be behind Burger King somewhere? The 2 fires seem to be pretty far apart so I wondered if they were connected at all?

There now seems to be 2 fires completely seperate to one another. The main part is still smoking pretty badly only now its white, and next to it which seems to be behind Burger King somewhere? The 2 fires seem to be pretty far apart so I wondered if they were connected at all?
when i was walkin home about 5ish it looked like there was a fire on hillsborough meadows just off herries rd....

could it be that?

It could be.. if its pretty near or not far away from Fletchers thats probably it..

frank lampard in 10 years!

I thought exactly the same :love: Unfortunately not seen anything from my part of Gleadless cos I've been sat out in the sun, reading, listening to music and completely oblivious till reading this :o

I remember the Fletchers vans tho, round my grandmas' at Shiregreen and Wincobank. The smell of sweet and savoury pastry when you climbed in at the back :D

I'm waiting on Look North now, to see how they report it. Probably as well as the BBC website and as a few have already pointed out, it hasn't happened in L**ds, has it? :suspect:

I was going to glnn webbs but couldn't get, so went to see what it was all about, it looked totally gutted.

What I found amazing were all the drivers actually driving up Penistone Road while taking pictures on phones & filming it on camcorders (WHILE DRIVING), do they not think there are gonna be less resources to cope with the accident they may cause, with the fire.

more smoke and iv just had a call my parents are on way home - they are 8 miles out of sheffield and can see the smoke still!!!

and this is what its like now - - - -

IMGP0625.jpg

IMGP0624.jpg

IMGP0623.jpg

Your windows need cleaning :D

Three cheers for the firemen:banana:

Its still smoking white / grey smoke but doesnt apear to be as vigorous

Three cheers for the firemen:banana:

Seconded :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I had what in comparison was a minor flat fire, and I was never as pleased to see anyone in my life as the four fire crews who turned up! Always big up the firemen :D