Major Fire at Fletchers Bakery Hillsborough. Penistone Rd closed.

I work on Claywheels Lane and we've just had an update letter from Fletchers.

They aplogise for inconvenience and disruption etc and are carrying out a controlled demolition this afternoon. They expect a significant dust and smoke cloud during and for some time after the demolition and have advised that all windows/doors are kept shut.

All further updates will be announced on radio/TV but if you have nay urgent questions to ring the normal Fletchers tel No.

:)

A controlled demolition eh, does that include the clock tower and remaining building structure? I bet that would be wuite interesting to watch!

It looks like its already started Danielle but I would imagine that the lot will have to go.

Can't see why they'd knock everything down except the clock tower - except that inside there are flour tanks????

Oh right! I can hear fire engines and things I wonder if they are for that or not!

I went to a wedding reception there last year and you could hear the dogs barking and see the kennels hence why I thought they were still there

Only for training classes and speciality stuff :)

Only for training classes and speciality stuff :)

Speciality stuff?? sounds interesting :0)

If it was about shift change you sometimes get the handlers putting the dogs in the kennels until they have showered / changed and also the new shift do the same.

just been down and it`s still smoking well you can now get down claywheels lane and take a look now only 2 fire engines there now

just been down and it`s still smoking well you can now get down claywheels lane and take a look now only 2 fire engines there now

Is the original Fletchers building intact (the old, red brick building - set back a little from Claywheels Lane)?