Major Fire at Fletchers Bakery Hillsborough. Penistone Rd closed.

Been and had a look earlier, it is really bad. A few fire engines remain and have a constant spray of water over the building. QUOTE]

do they not realise there is a water shortage :loopy::)

Northern Foods PLC advises that a fire occurred at its Fletchers Bakeries site in Sheffield

ADVISES.....talk about trying to play it down! lol...

Buses where still slow today i got a bus in to town i got to bus stop at side of longley park at 8:05 am to get quarter past bus.

The number 20 didnt turn up till half past.

Then on way home i got to bus stop at 9:50 to come back.

I saw about 6 no 97 buses and 3 buses sating sorry not in service a number 20 drove straight past me at 10.

And in end i got 97 at half past and what should turn up but no 20 as im pulling away.

All this mess for a fire.

charlie

Been and had a look earlier, it is really bad. A few fire engines remain and have a constant spray of water over the building. QUOTE]

do they not realise there is a water shortage :loopy::)

I wasn't aware that SY Fire and Rescue got their supply from Thames Water ;):)

I have to say, I have followed this with great interest from the first photo that was sent to me. I am glad that no-one was injured or worse ,but feel for them now, regarding their jobs.:sad:

I also have to say what brilliant photos and video clips have been posted on here. Absolutely brilliant really and congratulations to all that have contributed.

I have downloaded photobucket.....but now I have no idea what I am supposed to do with it. doh........:huh:

Some Fletchers Drivers were told to return their vehicles to the transport yard this morning (the yard furthest from the Gate Inn)

One said that once in that yard, you would hardly know that there had been a fire.

The fire seems to have affected only one side of the factory (that next to The Gate Inn) although any smoke damage to other parts cannot be assessed yet.

All power has been lost - so the freezer plant is down.

Buses 1, 17,20/20a,33,53,57,77/80, 87/97 are all suffering major delays today Halifax road down to one lane after the main roundabout towards Grenoside causing traffic to back up on Leppings lane, Langsett road,Penistone road.

Fire Crews still pumping water from the water mains located here onto the factory to keep any fire under the collapsed building cool.

fails to work please re post when fixed.

Sorry,

Try this:

deejayone.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/fire.wmv - (copy and paste into your browser address bar and click go)

Needs Windows Media Player 9 to work. I just tried it and it was fine.

Deejay - I have posted the video on You tube - obviously I credited you with the film :D Link is

Thank you - I have posted to Google Video, but it takes an age to get them verified on there!!!

You are most welcome it was an excellent piece of report :D

Needs Windows Media Player 9 to work. I just tried it and it was fine.

Works in MediaPlayer Classic [Win 98] too:thumbsup:

i went pased ecclesfield school and it was smoggy and it stank really bad!!!!