Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

Thanks for the PM

yes I am not oblivious to the main cause of the problem.

I may have left in the mid 70s but my family remained there into the mid 90s and as a visitor to the area I have seen it decline.

Your pM gives a reason which I will keep to myself as I don't want to set off the PC brigade but though it hasnt helped you cant blame the government.

The Sheffield council has a big part to play in its demise but its been declining since the late 70s before they were put in the area and its the social problems that really started the area to go down hill.

Zetagi, I don't know how long you have been in Pitsmoor but familys change and have changed through the generations and that is whats happened down there as all the decent familys left, died off or whatever the reason they were replaced by a new, modern 2nd generation, call them what you like family who's way off raising a family has changed since there parents brought them up.

You look an age were you to have been brought up with the decipline of good parents, so was I but all that went out of the window when the new laws came through and decipline when through the window which is showing its scars today.

Well said Paul, for all it's faults, and there were many, Pitsmoor was a decent place to live, until as you say, all the decent families were moved away.I remeber how we, and I include you in that, used to play on the rec until late(ish) into the night without a worry,when the policeman whose name I can't remember used to talk to us and we would call him sir.Walking home from Town on a weekend a bit worse for wear and not feeling at all threatened.It's a shame that If I went back now it would be pretty much a no go area,but then again isn't that the way for a lot of places

Well said Paul, for all it's faults, and there were many, Pitsmoor was a decent place to live, until as you say, all the decent families were moved away.I remeber how we, and I include you in that, used to play on the rec until late(ish) into the night without a worry,when the policeman whose name I can't remember used to talk to us and we would call him sir.Walking home from Town on a weekend a bit worse for wear and not feeling at all threatened.It's a shame that If I went back now it would be pretty much a no go area,but then again isn't that the way for a lot of places

Was the PC named Bill Ward, quite a good bloke, kept us in check.

Was the PC named Bill Ward, quite a good bloke, kept us in check.

That was the bloke The other name I thought it might have been was White.

Yeah. PC Ward. what a decent bloke he was.

He seemed to be there for ever, he was a policman with a conscience in a time where you could still get a clip from them.

PC Ward I believe lived in Handsworth and would like to hear from anyone who knows him today.

Thats it blame tony blair, he's responsible for everything....Get real.

The City council do have a big part of the blame for the decline by putting in problem familys but its the problem people that have caused its decline.

Paul I grew up in a neighbouring suburb Grimesthorpe, and I am a few years your senior.

I think the decline as been caused by numerous things, although as a Tory I could blame Blair.

I lived in South Africa for 15 years and the biggest thing I noticed,on arriving back was apart from the litter

litter,the lack of respect the young had for anyone older,many of the problem families are not helped by being one parent families without a father influence and some discipline, ladies who bring up kids on there own I am not having a go at you ,drugs are a huge problem,the biggest problem of all is political correctness , Muslims can preach and brainwash their fanatics and

preach hatred,and alsorts of crap,against people in authority,even claiming the Pope should die because of recent statements,which may have been ill avised , but as the time come to mount another crusade against Islam?

The Christians once as barbaric as the Moslems have moved on,whereas the moslems are still barbaric. Another Crusade would not happen ,we are by and largea secular state and religion does not play a major role in our lives.

Yet by statute

the Church of England as some considerable say,but they are ignored.The state still supports far to many people on benefit I was amazed and disgusted when going around Meadowhall to see so many men with walking sticks,they could obviously walk OK,but claiming benefits.Sheffield could not have coped with the gang wars today.In those days thet got police from Scotland and all over,grabbed them outside the pubs and hit them with truncheons the politically correct would have had a birthday just like the lawyers today.

Hi David

That is exactly the view I take that the decline has been brought on by bad families, though I held back the logistics which you have just displayed our view is the same.

Muslem views I will only discuss one to one and I have my views on them to but the point that the right honerable Mr Zetagi said the decline was because of the immigrants.

I have my view on them to but can't agree that the area's demise is through them, it goes back way before that and drugs bad parents and the lack of decipline is the root cause.

I realise there is a heavy influx of immigrants in the area but they were not there in the early 80s which is when the area started to slide downhill.

Hi David

That is exactly the view I take that the decline has been brought on by bad families, though I held back the logistics which you have just displayed our view is the same.

Muslem views I will only discuss one to one and I have my views on them to but the point that the right honerable Mr Zetagi said the decline was because of the immigrants.

I have my view on them to but can't agree that the area's demise is through them, it goes back way before that and drugs bad parents and the lack of decipline is the root cause.

I realise there is a heavy influx of immigrants in the area but they were not there in the early 80s which is when the area started to slide downhill.

I was not implying that the area's decline was due to immigrants,and certainly not the Muslims, although we are more tolerant of there religion than they are of other religions.

I was born in Pitsmoor in the 60's. Went to Pye Bank I&J and then onto Pye Bank Trinity. I moved out in the late 80's to set up home etc but my parents stayed in the area. I have recently moved back and, although, BNDFC are doing what they can it will not bring back the old spirit of the place.

Although I cannot say that its residents now are not helpful as I have some excellent neighbours there's not the sense of togetherness that there used to be. We used to sit out at night till all hours just having a natter. Have xmas/whitsun parties at the old community centre on Pye Bank, school trips when all the mothers used to come along too.

Crikey those were the days!

I was not implying that the area's decline was due to immigrants,and certainly not the Muslims, although we are more tolerant of there religion than they are of other religions.

You wasn't but the PM I had was...:thumbsup:

Hi David

1st Please do not refer to me as the right honerable, i don't like that

2nd immigrants have been in the area since the 60's, maybe not on the scale of today. lots of asians and jamaicans etc came in the early 60's,

3rd i did not imply that the cause of the problem started by the immigrants.

i did say the problems today are immigrant related because its true.

i live there i know exactly what goes off.

Of course in 30 years people change, places change everything changes its natural, its ok to have enjoyed your childhood and have fond memories of it. but why insist on going on and on and on and on and on and on about pitsmoor, burngreave andhow it used to be. and what it is now.

i happen to know who you are, i also know your brothers, mother, aunty's uncles and the rest of em so i know all what your saying is true.

i'm not the only person who is bored with your boring mundane comments try somthing new hey :thumbsup: