Pyebank School, Pitsmoor

Yes, John has passed away. There are lots of postings on his Facebook page that he has passed away. I do not know any other details. Very sad news.

Yes, John has passed away. There are lots of postings on his Facebook page that he has passed away. I do not know any other details. Very sad news.

Thanks for that Teabag. I am not on Facebook.

RIP John.

Hi all yes it true john sadly passed away, very sad at this moment in time I will try and let you all know when the funeral is thanks r.I.p john

my x mother in law was a teacher ther in the 80s mrs goddard

she was my teacher she was a favorite.

Hi all yes it true john sadly passed away, very sad at this moment in time I will try and let you all know when the funeral is thanks r.I.p john

Hi I'm John's sister Jen so sad and sorry to say John has passed away his funeral is this coming Monday 17th June 3.30pm at Hutcliffe Wood and from 4 pm at Abbey pub Woodseats announcement in the Star tomorrow please pass on as all very welcome.

RIP and NNGB John x

Hi I'm John's sister Jen so sad and sorry to say John has passed away his funeral is this coming Monday 17th June 3.30pm at Hutcliffe Wood and from 4 pm at Abbey pub Woodseats announcement in the Star tomorrow please pass on as all very welcome.

RIP and NNGB John x

My condolences to you and your family.

Thank you for letting us know the arrangements

Really interesting to hear people talk about the Pyebank days. I was there 1955-1961 but haven't recognised any names from my time there. I was Kathryn Jones, and others I can remember include: Susan Burns, Avril Hastings, Sheila Bamford, Edward Fenn, Peter Swift, and Kenneth Thorpe. Mr Jenkinson was our teacher when we left and I remember hating Mr Cook. My sister was in the year below, Diane Jones and my brother, Jim Jones the year below that. If anyone remembers the leaving class of 1961, I would love to hear from them.

Hi

Did You know anyone from the Gray family at this time on Marcus Street

Darren Grsy

Really interesting to hear people talk about the Pyebank days. I was there 1955-1961 but haven't recognised any names from my time there. I was Kathryn Jones, and others I can remember include: Susan Burns, Avril Hastings, Sheila Bamford, Edward Fenn, Peter Swift, and Kenneth Thorpe. Mr Jenkinson was our teacher when we left and I remember hating Mr Cook. My sister was in the year below, Diane Jones and my brother, Jim Jones the year below that. If anyone remembers the leaving class of 1961, I would love to hear from them.

Hi As you say really interesting to hear about Pye Bank School but I was there some years before you so I would not be able to relate to any names but I certainly knew Mr Jenkinson If Its the same guy a thick set guy had glasses on and I can only say enormous hands

I went to Pye bank school in 1950 -1955 and then on to Burngreave school. Through reading some of your posts I remember the headmaster as Mr Cook and I remember a miss Wragg as she had a wart on her tongue. I lived on Nottingham street just below the co-op.Gill Linter and myself (Dorothy Kidd) lived in the same yard.We both went to Lopham Street Sunday school.Other names I remember from pyebank school are Peter therston,Marilyn Walker, Diane Hollis,Vicky Shaw,Elaine Gale, Pauline O'Brien, Margaret Crookes, Janet Minnis,Stewart Morton.June Leggat and David Guite. Does anybody remember any of these names ?

i was in mrs goddards class too in the infant school, about 1982ish:)

the headteacher at the juniors was mr lingard, and i was in miss chalmers and mr bezants classes.

I was in mr bezants class in the late 70s to early 80s. there was a mr Keighley there also.

I went to Pye bank school in 1950 -1955 and then on to Burngreave school. Through reading some of your posts I remember the headmaster as Mr Cook and I remember a miss Wragg as she had a wart on her tongue. I lived on Nottingham street just below the co-op.Gill Linter and myself (Dorothy Kidd) lived in the same yard.We both went to Lopham Street Sunday school.Other names I remember from pyebank school are Peter therston,Marilyn Walker, Diane Hollis,Vicky Shaw,Elaine Gale, Pauline O'Brien, Margaret Crookes, Janet Minnis,Stewart Morton.June Leggat and David Guite. Does anybody remember any of these names ?

Wildmama

I remember a couple of those names,Gill Linter and David Guite. Also people from that area Billy Fox Neil Houghton Eileen McKay Hazel Warris Fred Marshall