Your postcode shows what's in your wallet.

A nationwide survey has discovered that your postcode determines your income. Paycheck a computerised system which estimates average gross household incomes, including investments for the wealthy and benefit payments for the less well off. The richest postcode in the country is KT19 in Surrey at an average household income of £59,000 a year. The poorest is..........S9 in Sheffield with the average income being £16,000 a year. Confirming the North/South divide is getting wider

Yeah. . and to live doun souff, yer needs to be earnin a shedload more than up here, and if ya goes to scotland, then fings can be cheaper still.

It's nowt about the "us" and "them", but more to do with the natural decrease in cost of living the further away from the capital you gets. .

I know Munky. I live in Norwich (born and bred Sheffield) which is classed as South I suppose. I am a single parent existing on benefits but still havin to pay southern prices. I rent my home, can't afford to buy etc but I still have an income of far less than the S9 one. It's all so unequal this country of ours.

Surely it is the other way round...Your income determines the post code you live in.

Surely it is the other way round...Your income determines the post code you live in.

That sounds a much more sensible way of looking at it ... :D

Regarding the Norwich area being regarded as South, it's more midlands. wouldn't you say.

*has been there, knows she went through Lincolnshire but still is very hazy about exactly where it is on the map, except that it's very flat and watery, so maybe it's in The Wash? :D

I know Munky. I live in Norwich (born and bred Sheffield) which is classed as South I suppose. I am a single parent existing on benefits but still havin to pay southern prices. I rent my home, can't afford to buy etc but I still have an income of far less than the S9 one. It's all so unequal this country of ours.

You should not expect £16000 if you wont work.

You should not expect £16000 if you wont work.

Gotta agree with that. . yer can't expect a workin wage if you aint working.

I got a lot of friends in a non-workin situation and have thought "why can't I do that"? But I honestly enjoy working, the smell of the ink, the taste of the biscuit . .