The Great Big Big Brother Megathread

You're not getting about this again are you?

If Channel 4 had the balls, they could make a really interesting program.

Alas, they haven't, so what we'll get is another clutch of wannabe's performing arduous and thoughtful tasks like dressing up as dogs. Great.

Nobody's forcing you to watch it; nor is anybody forcing you to read this thread.:D

Alas, they haven't, so what we'll get is another clutch of wannabes performing arduous and thoughtful tasks like dressing up as dogs. Great.

Yep a load of rubbish. just an excuse for desperate people to get on TV. Then act like complete idiots so they can be a Z list celebrity

Dermot O'Leary was in heat today saying 'i do like BB but as it goes on, its getting harder to defend it'. smacked botty for him from the big bosses of big brother, i expect

Sometimes you have to protect people from themselves.....

Does this guy with Tourette's really understand what a figure of fun - nay, ridicule - nay, humiliation - BB are going to try and make of him nationally? Does he truly have a concept of what he's letting himself in for?

I don't think it's right having him on there, I really don't.

StarSparkle

To be honest I would have agreed with you but then I thought, last year you might have said the same thing if they'd told you a transexual was going to be on it - 'they'll just be ridiculed and everyone will be bigots about it' - but then she ended up winning the hearts of the nation and indeed the entire series.

So if this person with tourettes is really warm and funny and quirky it might become a really positive thing, a way to highlight the condition and make it easier for young people with tourettes because they can say 'look, I'm just like that person'?

Just a thought.

So if this person with tourettes is really warm and funny and quirky it might become a really positive thing, a way to highlight the condition and make it easier for young people with tourettes because they can say 'look, I'm just like that person'?

Just a thought.

It is a thought, and it would be nice to think that's what the person would be like, and that they would portray a positive image, and endear themselves to the nation, and be a huge success, for themselves and for others suffering from Tourette's.

That would be great if it happened, but it's taking a huge risk with someone's psyche - someone who in any case has difficulties in that area.

BB don't care about the mental health, either now or in the future, of any of their contestants. All they care about is sensationalist headlines, and if people get hurt in the process, then tough. It's not their problem, is it?.....

StarSparkle

Dermot O'Leary was in heat today saying 'i do like BB but as it goes on, its getting harder to defend it'.

but not so hard he can turn down the pay, cute but a bit shallow is Dermot.

My Big Brother line-up:

A radical islamic fundamentalist

A member of the BNP

A hardcore animal rights activist

A christian fundamentalist

An advocate of pro-gay rights

An advocate of anti-gay rights

A homosexual male

A homosexual femal

Hard-line feminist

And a few others who are completely at odds with each other.

Now I'd definitely watch that.

Five pages and it hasn't even started :wow:. Well i will be watching, i've never missed one BB and wont miss this one. But another 13 wannabees unfortunately :(

Alas, they haven't, so what we'll get is another clutch of wannabe's performing arduous and thoughtful tasks like dressing up as dogs. Great.

I agree with you- I like the idea of people 'prostituting' themselves on live TV in order to get a small ounce of fame into their unfulfilled lives.

Just think 'media whore' like I do when watching it- puts a big smile on my face and makes it all the more watchable :thumbsup:

The hunt for the golden ticket begins tomorrow, Thursday 18 May. Who's going to be buying up four-finger Kit Kat bars, then?:D

The hunt for the golden ticket begins tomorrow, Thursday 18 May.

The whole thing is a desperate attempt to make it more interesting, I pitty the fool that finds it.

i always say i'm not going to watch it, but i always do, u gotta keep up with the gossip aint ya? oh and the crosswords in the TV mag.:hihi: