What makes you write/want to write?

Its mainly as Im writing the words too, everything just seems to slip into place like interlocking blocks.

Its horrible trying to explain it because im not sure if it is explainable, and what really ruins the rythm are typos. I make lots and I immediately have to correct them and that really derails me.

Even "normal" sentences, such as the ones I type everyday have, to my mind, that rythm.

To me, that's a fascinating thing to say...about the words slipping into place like interlocking blocks. I believe I know what you mean, and I can't quite find the words to explain how I know it, lol.

But then again, like redrobbo, I will sometimes disregard the exact words and opt for huge revisions later, after I've managed to get the idea down. I'm a major revisionist when it comes to my own work.

So, is it a control thing? You have some control over the words, their order, their place in what you write, and that is part of what compels you to get them down on the page/screen? Or am I going way too deep on that, lol?

tell you what I can't do. Write on the PC. Odd I know but it has to be pen and paper everytime. explain that one?!

Fox, thank you for making me look less of a loonie - although I'm aware Jabberwocky already has a headstart on me in those stakes anyway. Explain more! What kind of writing is it that you hoard up for your own consumption? How often do you 'have' to get it down?

I get the PC thing. I can't write on a PC. I can only write on my own laptop (my blessed laptop), or on paper, ideally with a biro. Speaking of which, I've had this discussion with another friend - she swears by her special fountain pen to write with. But speaking as someone who writes nearly constantly, I think I'm lucky that I favour a nice inexpensive biro over all else. It can't be running out of ink, or fussy about writing in handprints, mind - it does need to be in it's prime.

I dont think its a control thing, it comes naturally, words just seem to slot into place. Reading them afterwards just....reinforces it for me.

Its odd because before I had access to a computer or the internet I used to write letters and people actually became addicted to them, demanding more and more even though most of the stuff I wrote was utter crud once I had run out of limited ideas.

I could talk in depth about a certain relative who became a little TOO adicted, but thats another story altogether,

Now I have access to chatrooms, I find myself being stalked for want of a better word by people who are also addicted.

Dont ask me why, I have no idea at all, but since 2000 when I found my first chatroom, I have had more than my fair share of people (Usually female) who have to have their "Fix".

I have three MSN accounts and two Yahoo ones that are FULL of people who demand an email from me at least once a day. Of course, they dont GET one, but when I switch any of the messengers on, I find it difficult to talk to just one person because everybody on there seems to want to talk at the same time and it crashes my tiny mind.

Its... I like words and... its REALLY had to explain.

Its bizarre I know, but there it is.

Here's to BIZARRE **holds glass in air**

At least you're in good company here.:D

I just started to read The Stand by Stephen King.

Its been years since I read any of his stuff and its been years since I ready anything other than the occasional sci fi book.

Its going to be painful because its a huge book but it looks like a goody.

I just started to read The Stand by Stephen King.

Its been years since I read any of his stuff and its been years since I ready anything other than the occasional sci fi book.

Its going to be painful because its a huge book but it looks like a goody.

I think its fair to say that The Stand is by far and away his best work. It is a real mammoth of a book, but trust me, its well worth the read:thumbsup: