Brick thrown at car :(

Theres got to be something wrong mentally with kids like that.

Sorry to hear this story, it must have been very distressing.

There was an article in the Start this week about several vehicles being damaged by lumps of concrete being thrown off a bridge over the M1 near Barnsley. Amazingly no-one was killed, but that was only sheer good fortune.

I know kids (if they were kids) can be daft and not think of the consequences of their actions sometimes, but honestly, how STUPID can you be? I just can't comprehend it. There must be more intellegent amoebas on the planet. Three words:

heads

banging

together

Sorry to hear this story, it must have been very distressing.

There was an article in the Start this week about several vehicles being damaged by lumps of concrete being thrown off a bridge over the M1 near Barnsley. Amazingly no-one was killed, but that was only sheer good fortune.

I know kids (if they were kids) can be daft and not think of the consequences of their actions sometimes, but honestly, how STUPID can you be? I just can't comprehend it. There must be more intellegent amoebas on the planet. Three words:

heads

banging

together

Trouble is there's nothing in there in the first place, so it wouldn't actually hurt them!

I had a stone or a small brick chucked at my car once a good few years ago at the end of Abney Road as I drove home from work. Phoned Moss Way when I got home but I don't know that they did anything. Then the other week I was coming down Gleadless hill and there were four kids, 2 on each side of the road, and all the lot chucked handfuls of something as I went past. It wasn't much, and didn't do any damage, but I anchored the car seeing as there was nothing behind me, and then watched em run and hide when I put it into reverse and even though I didn't actually move :hihi: My mate on the other hand came down there once and did get hit by a brick.

And if someone did get out and retaliate in some way, you can bet your life that he or she wouldn't get the full weight of the law chucked at them and the kids would get away with it even though they clearly know what they're doing :rant:

buses round here get bricks and eggs thrown at the windows all the time

in fact in about the first week up here a window just in front went through cos of a brick

Longley for you, loads of Chavs

i live on lane top and go to longley park collage and what i think has happened is disgusting, i would be so shoke up if this happened to me while im driving, but oh wait doesnt matter i forgot that because im 18 and from lane top that all this makes sense so me and i want to go out and do it to, dont people ever think when making narrow minded judgements on an area.

i live on lane top and go to longley park collage and what i think has happened is disgusting, i would be so shoke up if this happened to me while im driving, but oh wait doesnt matter i forgot that because im 18 and from lane top that all this makes sense so me and i want to go out and do it to, dont people ever think when making narrow minded judgements on an area.

For an 18 year old at college your vocabulary is pretty bad. It doesn't take a genius to locate the chavs in Longley. If you are not a chav that doesn't mean there isn't a whole lot of others in your age group (or above/below) who are. It isn't a narrow minded judgement, I pass the Tesco up there every day, and usually see nothing but chavtastics hanging about. See that five times a week and you tend to think its not a one-off or narrow minded view.

****ing idiots. How can anyone be so ignorant of the effect that purile antics like this have on other people's lives?

Disgusting deragned dirty chavs ........

Couple of years ago I had a brick thrown at my car, by kids on the bridge near sheffield station where the tram goes, Made a rite mess of the bodywork & havent had the cash to have it repaired. Phoned police but no joy there. I nearly crashed the car coz it hit so hard, scared me to death. Was in summer holidays when kids got nothing to do.

For an 18 year old at college your vocabulary is pretty bad. It doesn't take a genius to locate the chavs in Longley. If you are not a chav that doesn't mean there isn't a whole lot of others in your age group (or above/below) who are. It isn't a narrow minded judgement, I pass the Tesco up there every day, and usually see nothing but chavtastics hanging about. See that five times a week and you tend to think its not a one-off or narrow minded view.

i study accounts not english

My accountant writes me letters too :suspect:

Is your mum a forumer Lily? coz there's another thread about a car bricking this evening :(

didn't you ring the police as soon as it happened? The should have come straight away!

Dont be silly....The ony thing the police would do is ask if the driver was speeding.

The police dont catch criminals anymore just motorists how are a fraction over the speed limit