I Miss My Hendersons!!!

Having left the 'right side of the Pennines' in '86 and then had the unfortunate pleasure of Lancashire 'til '98,it wasn't that difficult to get hold of the black stuff in a bottle for my chips and pies or a good splash on my stew!! Now i live here in Taunton Somerset and now it's not as easy.On my last visit up in God's greatest county i bought 10 bottles from a store in Stocksbridge and the lady who served me almost fell off her chair in amazement and didn't know what to do or say when i said " i love it on my Cornflakes!!" Now i'm down to my last bottle and it's being used sparingly until i get up to Sheffield next weekend!!! :thumbsup:

So what's the difference between Hendersons and Branston then? Is one sweeter? Does one have more of a bite?

One,for me, goes very well wit me chips and the other on a cheese sarnie!!! I don't think i'd do it the other way!!! Off me head, i'd say Branston is the sweeter one of the 2 and that Hendersons is more of a tangy with a touch of spice and is up there as a good reason why chips were invented,in my book that is anyway!!!!!

On another thread someone said you can take your own container to Hendersons and they will fill it .

Don't know if it's true.

My sister brings it to me here in Canada in a 1 gallon jug.

She has connections in the restaurant business so this may help

You can't buy Hendersons any more, I am the only person with any left as I bought all the remaining stock. I will only swap it for some proper Somerset somerset Cider.... You best bring me some or else.

Lots

And lots..

Mmmmmmmmm..

Cider....

I'll swap ya it all for some of this crap (Scrumpy) any day!!!:thumbsup:

So what's the difference between Hendersons and Branston then? Is one sweeter? Does one have more of a bite?

:o need you even ask the question old-bloke! :nono: no competition, hendos is king

Old Bloke..........shame on you!!!!

:o need you even ask the question old-bloke! :nono: no competition, hendos is king

But I'm new round here! My local knowledge needs time to build up :)

You can't buy Hendersons any more, I am the only person with any left as I bought all the remaining stock. I will only swap it for some proper Somerset somerset Cider.... You best bring me some or else.

Lots

And lots..

Mmmmmmmmm..

Cider....

-------------------------------------------------------

Where do you come from? i cant be sheffield as there are loads on sale at all morrisons , asda, joblot, and all green grocers and the small mini markets in sheffield.

stop saying things like this as it is untrue. The old shop may have closed down but they have moved to the parkway markets and are still going strong. We have friends who send relish to new zealand, australia, usa infact we have relations who send it all over the world, [it is known out there as black gold]