The Gentlemen...Local band gonna be massive!

:cool: Nah Den Ace....

Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I've done a search, but to no avail. I cannot believe you wise people of Sheffield have made such a glaring omission.

I went to see a band on Saturday at The Plug....They hail from Sheffield....It was the launch of their debut album "Smile Back at Me"....There was 900 people there....They were amazing....They were called.... The Gentlemen

They're a kinda indie/funk outfit, with maybe a slight nod to the Kaiser Chiefs. Check 'em out here and here.

The Arctics and Millburn are currently flying the flag for Sheffield; but believe me, within 12 months they will be little fish compared to....The Gentlemen.

Regards,

Spacehopper.

they are ok, good frontman, a few good songs to start and one to finish but the middle is distinctly dull. loved 'im not leaving' and 'electricity' and would happily play them a lot.. kaiser chiefs only had 3/4 good songs no their album so who knows.

The Tivoli will be the next 'big thing' from around here... althought they are a Sheffield/Rotherham

They are fantastic and I hope they go far.

saw em in town th other day they gave me a flyer

Overall, a superb band and genuinely nice blokes too. Good luck to them!

I hope you lot aren't forgetting about the Long Blondes, I see their name popping up all over the place.

I was at the Album Launch too. Awesome! What a buzz! I for one will be keeping BOTH eyes on those boys.

yeah, was ok, not too generic sounding, although not really my sort of thing.

Dog Canute - now thats a PROPER band!

:cool: Nah Den Ace....

Forgive me if this has been discussed already. I've done a search, but to no avail. I cannot believe you wise people of Sheffield have made such a glaring omission.

I went to see a band on Saturday at The Plug....They hail from Sheffield....It was the launch of their debut album "Smile Back at Me"....There was 900 people there....They were amazing....They were called.... The Gentlemen

They're a kinda indie/funk outfit, with maybe a slight nod to the Kaiser Chiefs. Check 'em out here and here.

The Arctics and Millburn are currently flying the flag for Sheffield; but believe me, within 12 months they will be little fish compared to....The Gentlemen.

Regards,

Spacehopper.

So which member of the band are you, then?;)

Saw the Gentlemen supporting Adem at the Boardwalk a few weeks back and thought they were a bit..um...dull. Sorry.

Adem was aceness though. But not local. So a bit off topic. Sorry again.

Oooooooh thank you spacehopper - me likes very much! :thumbsup:

"I'm Not Leaving" is a great track - perfect for driving across the Snake Pass on a sunny day methinks. I feel another Fopp cd buying accident coming on... :rolleyes:

PC xxx

The Gentlemen are amazing!!! Absolutely fantastic band! Person who said they are dull- You are wrong!!The Gentlemen were the highlight!! Infact we left because the mood the Gentlemen had created was ripped apart by Adems support act. The Gentlemen create an amazing atmosphere and the singer gets everybody bouncing and singing along, maybe the adem gig was not full as it was a monday night at the beginning of GCSE's where a large quantity of the Gnetlemens support came from. You should read their feedback on their myspace (http://www.the-gentlemen.co.uk). they would not be getting comments like that if they were "dull". Everyone I bring along loves them and they brought over 900 people into plug on the 8th. For a non famous band thats immense!!!