Shotokan Karate in Sheffield

k-1 training in a shotokan club?

why not!

kyukushin clubs have been doing it for generations

Now that's given me a great idea for John's training at our Monday night sessions...

Fantastic!

Oh bugger!!!!! Freedylee .... lok at the mess you got me into ..... he already gets me to do sit ups!!!!!!!!

that sounds good

K-1 style training

heres some tips

once a week, do these things,...

1. Boxing combos on focus mitts

2. kicking with the shin on either thai pads or kickshields

try all 3 , low body and high

Im sure karate guys are good at kicking

3. sparring with boxing gloves on allowing head punches as well as kicking to the thigh muscles

I spoke to farhad and he said hed love to come down and give a few pointers when he is free

that sounds good

K-1 style training

heres some tips

once a week, do these things,...

1. Boxing combos on focus mitts

2. kicking with the shin on either thai pads or kickshields

try all 3 , low body and high

Im sure karate guys are good at kicking

3. sparring with boxing gloves on allowing head punches as well as kicking to the thigh muscles

I spoke to farhad and he said hed love to come down and give a few pointers when he is free

Now that sounds like a damn fine proposition. I'll have a word with the guys on Monday and see if they are up for it.

We do #1 and #2 as part of the regular training regime, but never really gone in for #3. A little mixed training would be good for us, I think.

I have Farhad's e-mail address; I'll drop him a line.

Be an interesting session with Farhad ...... I'd be in ....

that's how to generate interest in your thread?!

I'm not meaning to offend and I'm sure your a good guy with a good class. Don't you think if maybe you just posted some more information about your class, some recent or upcoming events perhaps?

"bump............" is a little empty, desperate and a little insulting to martial artists that follow these posts with interest.

My son used to go here and he found it to very invigorating

that's how to generate interest in your thread?!

I'm not meaning to offend and I'm sure your a good guy with a good class. Don't you think if maybe you just posted some more information about your class, some recent or upcoming events perhaps?

"bump............" is a little empty, desperate and a little insulting to martial artists that follow these posts with interest.

How's that then????

We're a small club which we are trying to build into a bigger but not too big club .... BUT because we're a small club the information in the first post (later amended in a follow up post) stands .... until we get more members in, 'events' at the club and elsewhere will be limited .... hence the 'bump' .....

Through the 'bump' (keeping the info at the top) we have had 2 new people .... John & Seb ..... welcome back any time guys .....

Without a bump ... our club info would disappear and any new members to the board would miss out .... unless a new thread was written every week with the same detail .....

'Bump' is a bit crude and apologies for any frustrations but it has got some results for us so far ......

Without a bump ... our club info would disappear and any new members to the board would miss out .... unless a new thread was written every week with the same detail .....

Hence the sites search facility.

Hence the sites search facility.

From personal experience ..... I rarely use them ...... takes too much time ...... but I take your point .....

hey did you uys email farhad yet?

i told him some karate guys were interested in K-1 style training