Shotokan Karate in Sheffield

Hi there,

Does anyone know of any Shotokan Karate classes for adults in sheffield?

Also, Ive only ever seen shotokan breifly, and i havnt got any idea what the differences are between shotokan, wado ryu etc. Any iformation on this would be great

Thanks in advance

Steve

adult classes are at concord sports centre mondays and fridays

dave

I AM A JEDI I WILL HELP YOU TO LEVITATE YOUR NANAN IF YOU PAY ME £2 FOR MY BUS FARE ? GOOD PRICES EH? MY PATOWAN LEARNER YOU SHALL MEET JABBA THE HUTT ON SATURDAYS AND BE TRAINED BY OBI WAN ON SUNDAYS!!!!

To celebrate my first post on Sheffield Forums I would like to inform you of a Shotokan karate club in Sheffield.

We train at All Saints School every wednesday at 7pm.

Although we are a small club we have some highly experienced karate ka with us and instruction is largely done by instructors from 4th Dan down to 2nd Dan ..... the instructors have a combined 100 years of karate experience.

Originally the club were 2 clubs, both part of the KUGB. Paul Sharpe and Eric Mather decided a few years ago to combine their Killamarsh and Millhouses based clubs together and after a few years at Dronfield school settled at All Saints in Sheffield. They also took the club from the KUGB to the ESA, believing that this would further their own experience of shotokan.

As we are a small club we are eager for new members, whether experienced or begginners.

Thanks for your time .....

This club has sadly folded!

Hi Shotikarate

Is the Paul Sharpe you mention the same karateka who visited the Norton Dojo (http://www.nortondojo.co.uk) Goju-Ryu club a couple of weeks ago?

Hi Shotikarate

Is the Paul Sharpe you mention the same karateka who visited the Norton Dojo (http://www.nortondojo.co.uk) Goju-Ryu club a couple of weeks ago?

Might well have been .... he hasn't been down at ours for a while ..... you train at norton then???

I know someone who does, they mentioned he'd been down and sweated a bit.

John has trained with my karate class at some of our lessons and I can highly recommend him as an excellent karate practicioner and a very good teacher.

If you're around central and south Sheffield, and you're interested in taking up Shotokan karate this club would be the perfect place to go.

Alternatively, if you're from the Hillsborough end of town and are interested in taking up Karate you may want pop along to our club (http://www.steelcityshotokan.co.uk).

Best of luck, John, I hope it goes well.

John has trained with my karate class at some of our lessons and I can highly recommend him as an excellent karate practicioner and a very good teacher.

If you're around central and south Sheffield, and you're interested in taking up Shotokan karate this club would be the perfect place to go.

Alternatively, if you're from the Hillsborough end of town and are interested in taking up Karate you may want pop along to our club (http://www.steelcityshotokan.co.uk).

Best of luck, John, I hope it goes well.

Cheers Adam ...... thanks for the good reference .....

Having trained at Adam's (and Kev's) SteelCity club for a while now I'd recomend it to anyone ..... good spirit, good technique, good teaching by all who teach .....

This thread is turning into a bit of a Sheffield Shotokan love in eh ......