Nuisance cat spraying in our house

can any one advise me what to do there is this ginger tom that keeps comming in our house eating all my cats food and spraying its nasty to my cat and she wont come in sits on the wall waiting for me to get home before she will go back in the house, ive put up with this for a while now and this morning i heard a loud bang ive gone down stairs to find that cat climbling back out the window and it had knocked 2 plates of the side and they smashed, to top it off it turns around and stares at me as if to say hahahaha.

my cat has been spayed and is tiny compared to this ginger monster.

please dont say shut the window coz this is the in and out for my cat

he is really taking the biscuit now literally.

this cat has no collar on and the neighbours dont know whos it is

also it is nasty to other cats its corners them hissing and spitting

any advice will be great

We had this problem and still do! We have resorted to a 'one way cat flap' so that ours can get out but not back in again. This way if it's bad weather she doesn't go out until after us and then we let her in again when we get back home. If she is out in the wet then she can usually find somewhere to hide until we are back.

It takes a while for them to realise there is a new routine but they adapt eventually. You might feel like you are being cruel to yours but it's worth it in the long run. Oh, and get an old squeezy bottle and squirt the ginger tom whenever you see it.

Toms are very resilient we have put up with this particular one for about 10years but it once got in and 'sprayed' in the hall we had to redecorate and vowed never again!

Good luck.

buy a cat flap with an electric magnet opening thing so only your cat can get through....

probably costs less than all the plates you're replacing!

if it has no collar and no one admits to owning it can you not call the rspca? you could keep it shut in your kitchen until they arrive and they will know how to deal with it- presumably it is considered a stray if it has no identification.

buy a cat flap with an electric magnet opening thing so only your cat can get through....

probably costs less than all the plates you're replacing!

I agree with this post I had the same trouble with a tom cat we nicknamed Mr Stinky who tried to terrorise our Persian bought a Staywell Electronic catflap Hey Presto problem solved.

I can only think of two options:

1) get a cat flap with a magnetic switch on it that will only let your cat in,

2) get a water pistol,

2) get a water pistol,

3 - Get both :)

4 - ???

5 - cuddles!

Staywell Infered cat flap!

I have the same problem in the hot weather when the back door is open - in comes the cats (i know the owners) still cant do much about it. Think i might have to start removing the food while the door is open.

The cat flap is great thou, although he has managed to work out how to let his mate in!!

Electronic cat flap doesn't wotk in my back door because, Staywell told me after I had repeated problems, the door has a metal panel in it.

Only one solution as far as I'm concerned, and that is to set your standard lockable cat flap so the stray can get in but not out again, and then beat the crap out of him with a lump of wood.

Sounds drastic? Depends on how much you value your carpets and other furnishings, and how much you like a clean, fresh-smelling house to come home to, rather than somewhere you're ashamed to entertain your friends.

2) get a water pistol,

Get both. A blast from a water pistol or spray every time he tries to get inside should motivate him to think again, but if he';s getting in whilst you're out, a cat flap may be a better move- one with magnetic or infrared entry so only your cat can get in

get a dog!!!! very rare any dare come in here lol! although my dogs are super cat friendly :)

Electronic cat flap doesn't wotk in my back door because, Staywell told me after I had repeated problems, the door has a metal panel in it.

Only one solution as far as I'm concerned, and that is to set your standard lockable cat flap so the stray can get in but not out again, and then beat the crap out of him with a lump of wood.

Sounds drastic? Depends on how much you value your carpets and other furnishings, and how much you like a clean, fresh-smelling house to come home to, rather than somewhere you're ashamed to entertain your friends.

I do hope you're kidding?