Animal coffins

That is coffins for humans but shaped like animals. Does any body know what happened to these, they used to be in a field at the side of the Bochum Parkway at Norton. They were really colourful things and always prompted interesting discussions when travelling past. I can remember one shaped like a fish and one like a pig but there were others. :lol:

:o They were coffins!!!, I remember those fish and other animals. I thought some farmer was having a laff and had just bought some old theme park animals and decided to put them in a field.

yeah, i saw these too, it was in the paper once i think

Originally posted by "mikey"

:o They were coffins!!!, I remember those fish and other animals. I thought some farmer was having a laff and had just bought some old theme park animals and decided to put them in a field.

I could be wrong but thought that they were made there. I used to have a difficult job trying to explain to the children what they were for. I wonder if anybody actually used one for it's real purpose.....very ornate to be burnt or buried :lol:

I just thought they were there to look good! :lol:

Some people will do anything for a laugh. :D:D:D

halevan, behave!

I quite like the idea of an interesting box rather than a boring old bit of pine with plastic handles. Maybe something in blue paisley with a see through window down the side?