Your Old School Teachers, Memories And Stories

10 minutes ago, cressida said:

Yes,  not only sick but weak,  he was a bully and a thug,  it's  the duty of a head teacher to deal with such behaviour,   I'd have had him out - bad apple,

One of the worst was a woman.

• Sad 2

In the 5th form we had a classroom with two entrances,  I said to my friend you go that way and I'll go the other, see who gets there first - well I got there and started leaning on the door to keep her out,  only to hear the teacher's raised voice telling me to open the door.

I wouldn't wish a Teachers job on anyone these days, discipline is practically impossible to impose and most of the Parents think they've got a little Angel that can't do any wrong.

Edited by Alextopman
  • Like 6

31 minutes ago, Alextopman said:

I wouldn't wish a Teachers job on anyone these days, discipline is practically impossible to impose and most of the Parents think they've got a little Angel that can't do any wrong.

One of many reasons why I quit teaching 20 years ago. Best decision I've ever made.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Discipline starts at home  unfortunately that's why the youth today lack it.

• Like 3

‘Rule by the Rod’ was the accepted way when I was at school and virtually every teacher had a cane or slipper to dish it out. Another  lad and I were caned on our first day for having a pretend sword fight with the wooden rulers they provided.  That was the exemplar of how the staff behaved.

In retrospect all of the staff had recently experienced the Second World War which is an experience non of us can really comprehend and it must have taken its toll in many ways.

We had a deputy headmistress who was a spinster and somewhat of a tartar. Not one you tangled with.

One day after leaving school I had to return because I’d forgotten something and on walking passed a classroom I glanced that way only to see her snogging with the young PE teacher. She’d be in her 40s, although she always looked ancient to us kids and he in his late 20s.

I was shocked but fortunately they didn’t see me and it made me see both of them in a totally different light. I’ll bet he got top marks when it came to the promotion stakes!😃

I learned about five years ago that she’d died and was well into her 90s.

They always say that the good die young, don’t they.

echo.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Alextopman said:

:thumbsup:

11 hours ago, Baz1 said:

Discipline starts at home  unfortunately that's why the youth today lack it.

:thumbsup:

From a very young age all my daughter ever wanted was to become a teacher.

Straight from University in the 90s she achieved her dream and loved it.

Fast forward about 25 years  .........   last year disillusioned and totally fed up she packed it all in.

Since leaving the profession she has become a different person,  she's stress free and much happier.     :clap:

• Like 4