Royal Mail announces UK-wide England Flag ban and it will last 'until July 14'

Royal Mail has moved to ban its 100,000 posties from flying England flags during Euro 2024 to avoid sparking streets clashes, according to reports in the Sun newspaper.

Royal Mail has announced a UK-wide ban until "July 14". Royal Mail has moved to ban its 100,000 posties from flying England flags during Euro 2024 to avoid sparking streets clashes, according to reports in the Sun newspaper.

Royal Mail has banned its 100,000 posties from flying England flags during the Euros - claiming they may spark clashes on the streets, or even crashes. A Royal Mail spokesperson said: “Flags on vehicles can be a distraction to other road users and poorly positioned items can block vision.

“Poorly fitted items can fall off and be an obstruction or hazard. Flags also introduce risk of confrontation with other road users or pedestrians. For this reason we do not permit celebratory flags to be displayed on any of our vehicles.”

It comes as England kick off their campaign on Sunday versus Serbia. Speaking on the eve of the European Championships, which England go into as one of the favourites to lift the trophy, FA chief executive Mark Bullingham fell short of saying he wants Southgate to stay on in the role beyond his current contract, which expires in December 

Your thoughts?

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/royal-mail-announces-uk-wide-29360300?utm_source=linkCopy&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

this bit of the quote

“Flags on vehicles can be a distraction to other road users and poorly positioned items can block vision.

“Poorly fitted items can fall off and be an obstruction or hazard. Flags also introduce risk of confrontation with other road users or pedestrians. For this reason we do not permit celebratory flags to be displayed on any of our vehicles.”

I presume they are not allowed to put any type of flag or item on their vans? but it only gets brought up when faux patriots want to create bile and froth about it?.

Ie:- company vans arent allowed for anything added to, modified incase it becomes dangerous or distracting.

3 minutes ago, melthebell said:

this bit of the quote

“Flags on vehicles can be a distraction to other road users and poorly positioned items can block vision.

I presume they are not allowed to put any type of flag or item on their vans? but it only gets brought up when faux patriots want to create bile and froth about it?.

Ie:- company vans arent allowed for anything added to, modified incase it becomes dangerous or distracting.

And for those reason I think ALL flags should be banned from cars.

Actually whilst I'm talking of banning stuff having things dangling from the rear view mirror should be banned too.

7 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

And for those reason I think ALL flags should be banned from cars.

Actually whilst I'm talking of banning stuff having things dangling from the rear view mirror should be banned too.

ooh now you sound just like a dictator, ok ill play

dont you think theres a difference between a companies vehicles where they may get sued and taking rights away from normal drivers in their own vehicles?

Edited by melthebell

2 minutes ago, melthebell said:

ooh now you sound just like a dictator, ok ill play

dont you think theres a difference between a companies vehicles where they may get sued and taking rights away from normal drivers in their own vehicles?

When it comes to the safety of other road users, no. A few weeks ago I saw a camper van parked up near our house. It had a row of stuffed toys all the way along the dashboard 🙄

So whilst I'm being a dictator id ban anything like that on the dashboard too.

Just call me Lee Jinping👍

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

When it comes to the safety of other road users, no. A few weeks ago I saw a camper van parked up near our house. It had a row of stuffed toys all the way along the dashboard 🙄

So whilst I'm being a dictator id ban anything like that on the dashboard too.

Just call me Lee Jinping👍

thought there was already rules about such things, blocking complete vision? so if it gets seen they may get done, same with the back shelf

1 minute ago, melthebell said:

thought there was already rules about such things, blocking complete vision? so if it gets seen they may get done, same with the back shelf

Yeah the rules are a bit wishy washy  though so a complete ban would be best in my opinion 

24 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Yeah the rules are a bit wishy washy  though so a complete ban would be best in my opinion 

Well if the rules are wishy washy Daddy then let’s ban all screen wash as well.

Widow Twanky will have a field day!😃

echo.

• Haha 2