Suggestions for holidays destinations please...

Hi there,

Not sure if this is in the right area so feel free to move it...

Looking to go away for a night or 2 first weekend in August,,, no more than a couple hours drive away.

Can't really think of anywhere as Blackpool is too noisy etc....It would be nice to see a clean beach and have some good pubs around and restaurants, markets etc...

Any ideas would be really appreaciated as i want to go somewhere with a recommendation.

Thanks

It doesn't take that long to drive to Whitby, which is gorg' all year round.

I was thinking that but on looking at a few pictures i was'nt sure what kind of place it's like, beaches etc.

Laugh all you want, but I've been going to Skeggy every year since I was 18 months old and I love it! :D I think I'll be going on the old-dear's coach trips when I get too old to drive :hihi:

Fair play, the clientele has most definately gone downhill since I was a kiddie, but you've still got nice beach, markets, good pubs and a general nice family atmosphere! :D

I took my Boyfriend the other weekend and its dead easy to get there... It's just following three main roads... (Okay, I took the SatNav) .. But trust me, its easy to get to and takes about 2 hours, traffic depending...

I sent DonKiddick to the Karema at skeggy and he loved it :D If you're looking for a romantic weekend, stay at the Sunningdale... Its very olde-worlde and has a four poster suite :heyhey: The breakfast aint as good at the sunningdale, so dont be too upset if you're not up in time for it :D

What about the lake district?

It's got a nice beach which is quite clean. It's got quite picture- esque docks. There are basically two parts of Whitby; the touristy bit with all the shops, pubs and arcades. It hosts a lot of hen nights but it's not as busy as somewhere like Blackpool. Then there's the older bit which is very nice-old cobbled streets and taverns etc. Also it's quite hilly, if you walk up Robin hoods bay you get a beautiful view from the top. Whitby is good if your looking for a seaside location with a bit of atmosphere and class.

Oh and they do the best fish and chips in the world:P

Whitby sounds quote nice, the taverns etc,,, does that part have a name and i'll have a nosy for some lush b&bs around there.

=0)

You cant beat Skeggy, but Cornwalls a beautiful too.

xxx

Bournemouth would fit the bill. Type in Bournemouth in your search and you'll get good info on the tourism bit.8)

"No more than a couple of hours drive"?